Should Veneers to fix the appearance of my teeth? (Photo)

I have teeth from a crossbite that have been pushed out outwards on my left side (right side of the picture) that make one side of my teeth and gums appear to be drooping lower than the other side. I know this isn't a big deal but it makes me insecure. Problem is I can't get braces because of a wisdom tooth with roots hugging my nerve. Would Veneers help my both sides look even again? Thank you for any responses.

#Veneers vs #Invisalign #DrSoftTouch

Porcelain veneers can definitely be used to enhance an already beautiful smile. That said, your teeth are beautiful and I would not recommend veneers for your case. If you opt to alter your smile, I would recommend Invisalign, and this is something that would take 12 months or less to complete. I hope this helps. Follow me for more questions and answers.

Veneers Versus Orthodontics For Minor Tooth Correction

I do not understand why braces would be a problem because of a wisdom tooth. So, obviously I am working with incomplete information. From what I can see in the photo, there is no reason to move the tooth next to the wisdom tooth or the wisdom tooth. My greatest concern is that cutting or reshaping perfectly heathy teeth to receive veneers would be a wrong solution. If veneers can be placed aesthetically without cutting the teeth, then I see no problem. As a dentist who is concerned that my patients get the best care possible, I have no problems with second opinions. Therefore, I encourage you to seek other opinions, even a third.

Should Veneers Fix The Appearance of My Teeth?

The best advice I could give to you is to find a dentist that can place Smile Preview Veneers on your teeth to show you how they could look.  In this way you will know if you will be satisfied with the result before you make the financial commitment to invest in your smile.  This will prevent you from having buyer's remorse if you had veneers placed without a preview on your own teeth in your mouth before starting actual treatment.  

Smile Preview Veneers are part of the EasySmile System featuring ProVeneers(new name just introduced at the recent Greater New York Dental Convention.  Once you make the decision to go forward with treatment, you can choose from porcelain veneers(which usually require filing down of tooth to make enough space for the porcelain), or EasySmile(ProVeneers) which do not require any filing of teeth and are done in one visit as opposed to multiple visits for traditional porcelain veneers.  EasySmile Veneers(ProVeneers) are also much more affordable than porcelain veneers, about 1/3 the cost(average fee is $500 per tooth).  

Porcelain Veneers will give you a beautiful result, but it is important that you have the above information so that you can make an informed decision.  EasySmile(ProVeneers) will also give you a beautiful result.  If you like what you see with the Preview Veneers, you should be happy with either the porcelain veneers or ProVeneers) and you will end up with the self confident smile that you want.  

Make sure you are comfortable and confident with the dentist that you choose to provide this treatment for you.  Ask to see before and after photos and reviews or testimonials from his/her patients.  This in addition to seeing a Smile Preview Veneer on your own teeth should give you confidence in the dentist you select.  

Ultimately, an investment in your smile will be a great investment in yourself, giving you added self confidence and a lifetime is smiles. 

Invisalign or Laser Gim Recontouring- Veneers No!

Your teeth are not broken down or dark with unsightly color.  Teeth broken down or too dark are candidates for veneers. Your teeth are the right Cole and shade so so gring then even slightly would be inappropriate in my opinion. Your teeth are angled from left to right looking at your picture so they are uneven from a horizontal plane.  The best way to correct that would be with something like Invisalign  to even and level out your teeth horizontally.  It would take approximately 12 months. The other way to correct it would be to raise your gum levels on your left side so that the gums are closer to level horizontally and then ever so slightly shorten your teeth on your left side so that they look more even from left to right. 

David S. Eshom, DDS
San Diego Dentist