Smart Lipo or tummy tuck? (Photo)

Hi I'm a 23 yo mom of two .I'm in pretty good shape, I walk 3mi twice a week and I jog for 30min twice a week. I'm 5'2 124lbs but my weight does fluctuate as much as 6lbs overnight I think it's water weight.I have pretty elastic skin .I was wondering if I should seek smart lipo or a tummy tuck. Overall I'm happy with my body I wouldn't change a thing besides my stomach I just want it to be flatter. I don't have loose skin so just wanted to know which procedure would I benefit most from.

Is SmartLipo a Good Option?

Thank you for the question!  You do have a very nice athletic figure, and it is obvious you work to keep it that way!  Good for you!  That being said, I do treat young ladies with your exact body type that want more curves and a flatter lower abdomen.  I definitely feel SmartLipo is a good option, it this is your goal!  Go for it!

Best of luck to you!

Windell Davis Boutte, MD

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

You appear to be an excellent candidate for Smartlipo

you are an excellent weight for your height and you don't appear to have lose skin. You should get an excellent result from Smartlipo but remember it will never be perfect. 
I am basing this on your photos but remember it is important to be seen in person by a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON so that he/she can properly evaluate you. If you were to need something more aggressive like a TT or a min-TT only a plastic surgeon, will have the knowledge and experience for this. 
I would also recommend that you have your Smartlipo with a PS.

Remember too, it takes 6 months to get your maximum improvement so be patient.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

SmartLipo

Your photos suggest that you would be a good candidate for SmartLipo liposuction of your abdomen. However, if you have a lot of stretch marks or looseness, a mini tummy tuck may be your best bet. Good luck

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Lipo

Liposuction for sure is your best option! No need for a tummy tuck based on your photos. A tummy tuck is not recommended especially if you are planning to have more children.

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician

Liposuction probably the best option

From your photos it looks like liposuction would be perfect to remove the tiny belly bulge in your lower abdomen. The recovery (and cost) from a liposuction procedure will be much better than a full abdominoplasty, which based on your photos I don't think you need.  You could also consider Sculpsure as a non-invasive option for a single problem area.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting with or without Tummy Tuck

I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal and contouring. An in person consult is needed to determine what is best based on your body type and skin type. Consult with a VASER Hi Definition expert to work with your personal goals and to give you the results you are seeking. IF there is loose skin it will have to be removed surgicaly and only an in person evaluation will be able to determine that.  Best, Dr. Emer

Lipo or tummy tuck?

Lipo with a mini tummy tuck is an excellent option for women with a little bit of loose skin and a relatively flat belly. However, these procedures require an onsite consultation to make sure that a bigger procedure wouldn't be necessary.

Liposuction

Smartlipo should definitely address the problem. See a board certified plastic with an expertise in body contouring in your area for a detailed consultation. They should be able to answer your concerns more specifically. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Lipo or TT

You appear to be in good shape, good skin quality, and just need problem area correction.  Liposuction is the better option.  Another method to consider is SculptSure.  FDA approved, non-invasive method for fat removal in trouble areas.

Consult with a doctor for in person evaluation prior to decision.

Good luck.

Scott Powell, MD
Denton General Surgeon

Smartlipo

Less rather than more. From the photos you look much more like a liposuction patient rather than abdominoplasty. This need hands on. Make sure your consultation is with a BCPS and you should do well.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon