Slight psoriasis a concern for surgery? Specifically a BBL?

I have slight psoriasis on my scalp, corner of my nose, belly button and nipples. Would this affect me in a major surgery such as a BBL?

Psoriasis and BBL

Hello, thanks for being honest and for your inquiry. It is very important that you give all the details of medications and your medical history to your surgeon. Psoriasis by itself won't affect your surgery. 

Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Psoriasis and cosmetic surgery

Mild psoriasis by itself should not have much impact on an elective cosmetic surgery.

If you were taking Biologics and this is something definitely has to be brought up to your plastic surgeon.

Always give an honest and accurate medical history.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Psoriasis & BBL

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist.

Psoriasis should not pose a problem to the surgery.

Best of Luck!  Please reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

Matthew J. Nykiel, MD
Butt Augmentation Specialist