Sizing for small frame. Any suggestions?

Hello doctors! My stats are 5 foot 2 109 pounds 32 B 22 waist 36 hips I don't want implants that look like a porn star but I do want full big boobs. Would 325cc silicone implants help me achieve this look? Or would it be too large on my small frame.

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Yes and No.

Would 325 cc help me achieve this look?

Hi Lauren! Is 325 cc the right answer for you? This is a very personal choice and your opinion about what is a beautiful size is very important to me as a plastic surgeon! The surgeon's role is to "guide" you, but not to tell you what to do with regards to size and breast implant options. Many patients struggle to find an "ideal" size so I recommend they come to the office and try on different sizers in their bra. This helps to make choosing an implant much easier.

In fact, patients love to try on different size to compare and contrast how different volumes will affect how they look. Be sure you choose a surgeon who has plenty of experience using all types of sizes and shapes of breast implants and is highly ranked in reviews by his patients. To learn more about breast implant sizing see the link below!

Best wishes always, 

Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD

Porn star boobs are full big boobs

so unless you can define what you really mean by porn star, its difficult to tell you if the desired size with fit.  I find it simple to use gel sizers in unlined bras and what you are considering would equal a 300 cc sizer or 1.25 cups of rice in a stretched out nylon stocking.  If you're comfortable with this look, you will be fine as implants come in a wide variety of profiles and one of them will match your dimensions.

Curtis Wong, MD

Is 325 the right for me?

Hi and thanks for your question. I hope it was that easy to say if that is the right implant for you. Some photos would have helped but some measures have to be done in your breasts and after that see the different brands to find the implant that fits those measures. Get an in person examination with  a board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. Milla

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant

If you feel you want a full big breast size then 325 cc implant would deliver the desired look you are looking for.

Fred Suess, MD

Determining the correct implant size and shape to meet a patients goal requires a consultation and exam, so no one here can give you a good answer specific to you. That size doesn't sound inappropriate. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Focus on the look not the cc or cup size. Patient's often regret decisions based on extraneous factors as you may end up with suboptimal result. Bra's vary from store to store, and cc's mean nothing in isolation. You should be measured during your consult and offered implants within a 5mm window of those measurements in multiple styles. For what's its worth, in my experience a dimensionally sound mod+ profile tends to go from an A+/B- to the magical full C or small D. A high profile (or SRF) would be about 100ccs larger to maintain the same base width and more like a Full D but VS will call it a DD or DDD, particularly in a 32-34. Ultimately, try on the different styles and look in the mirror. When you see the look you like, pick that style! This requires a consult, exam, measurements and sizing with a board certified plastic surgeon. My patients select the implant style and their chest dimensions dictate the number of cc's. I make specific recommendations to each and every of the augmentation patients I see annually based on: 1) dimensional planning 2) expressed goals 3) amount and quality of tissue to hide the implant. I have included a link with my explanation of the different implants and what to expect from your consult as well as hundreds of before and after photos to see what change implants of a particular size deliver. Best of luck. #drfeldman #BancroftFeldman #breastaugmentation #sugarland #HoustonTX

Choosing a size

Choosing a size is all about a healthy conversation between you and your plastic surgeon, laurenames94. Anatomy and the size of your breast "footprint" or dimensions of your chest can help pick an implant. You are still in the early recovery period so swelling is not uncommon. Having a natural look is about how you define natural and what you are happy with. Good luck, MMT

Sizing breast implants for small frame. Any suggestions?

Thank you for the question. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.
Having said that, for most patients with your petite frame and anatomic starting point, I recommend the use of round silicone breast implants placed in the sub muscular (dual plane) position. You will find many similar/representative examples on the attached link.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals we have time for a you their stuff's's homewith your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "full B or C cup” or "big, full boobs" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery for petite patients) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Implant sizing for small frame

Thank you for your question. The best way to determine implant size is: in person with a board certified plastic surgeon. Just off the cuff, 325cc sounds like a reasonable option for someone of your size. Best of luck!