What does Sculptra do to chin if injected at the back of chin upward?
Doctor Answers 6
Sculptra injections in Santa Monica
Chin changes with Sculptra versus other fillers
There are several different types of fillers including:
- Hyaluronic acid gel fillers which attract water and generate a mild inflammatory response for collagen formation.
- Radiesse, a paste like filler which creates a mild inflammatory response to form collagen but is primarily inert and is best used to add bone volume and shape.
- Sculptra is in the FDA filler category but works by stimulating a repair response of the tissues it is injected in close proximity to. For example:
- if placed on bone, it will stimulate bone formation
- if placed under the skin at various depths, it will create collagen and structural molecules to firm the tissues injected.
I do use it for this type of activity but it is a very slow process. You may wish to use Radiesse, an chin implant or bone surgery to achieve a faster and more reliable result.
Please seek a skilled and talented, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss these and other option depending on his or her findings.
I hope this is helpful. I wish you the best!
Sculptra and the Chin
Sculptra is a great injection to produce more collagen in a given area. If your physician placed Scuptra there it should produce more collagen in that area. Best, Dr. Green
You might also like...
Sculptra On Chin
Sculptra on chin
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.