Can Sculpsure be used under the chin?

If it can't be used under the chin if it is offlabel use, is there a possibility in future it could be used in such a manner? Thanks

Sculpsure

Sculpsure currently is not for the chin.  It will have to be tested to make sure it does not affect the smile nerves. 
Kybella injections are an excellent non surgical alternative that works well for chins and can also be performed in about 20 minutes.

Sculpsure

Thank you for your question. Currently, sculpsure is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. Off-label use is when sculpsure is used in an area not approved by the FDA. The size of the applicator would make it difficult to use under the chin. The company may have plans to create an applicator for use under the chin.

SculpSure use under chin

Thank you for your question. To answer your question - yes. This is of course based on the rumor mill, but the company is likely in the development stage of other hand pieces that can be used on other areas of the body (i.e. the chin). Because SculpSure is a relatively new technology, Cynosure has been very receptive to physician suggestions; a treatment frame designed for the chin is definitely one that we've requested. So, stay tuned! 

SculpSure on the chin?

Thanks for your question! SculpSure is currently not approved for submental fat treatment, but stay tuned...we are working on it!In the meantime, I think Kybella is an excellent option for non-surgical treatment of chin fat.

Sculpsure under the chin

Currently sculpsure is not FDA approved for submental fat reduction. I recommend following up with your cosmetic provider to evaluate other options that are available such as kybella.

Gina Chu, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure is not yet used for unwanted under chin fat, but Kybella and CoolMini are great.

The SculpSure device does not yet have an applicator that fits the small under chin area, but we look forward to its development. Zeltiq's CoolSculpting has the CoolMini for that area, for moderate to larger pockets of unwanted fat, and a great alternative for those not comfortable with CoolMini or with less fat in the area, is the injectable fat melter Kybella. 

Jessica J. Krant, MD, MPH

Can Sculpsure Be Used Under the Chin?

Since we only have FDA approval for the abdomen and flanks, use under the chin would be off label.  Until there is more evidence for safety and efficacy by ongoing trials, we would restrict Sculpsure to other areas of the body.
As far as submental fullness is concerned, there are great  treatments for that, including Precision Tx, laser liposuction that removes the fat and tightens the skin. Some patients have a bit too much laxity to do fat removal without risking a more wrinkled appearance.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Use Kybella to remove fat under the chin.

Thank you for your question. I would not recommend SculpSure for the area under your chin. For my patients, they have been pleased with the results of the Kybella treatment. Kybella is the only non-invasive treatment for the reduction of “double chins”. When injected, it will permanently destroy fat cells in the targeted area as well as offering limited skin tightening to the treated area. Most patients need between 2-4 sessions for optimal results. If you are interested, please schedule an in-person consultation.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Sculpsure and chin treatments

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Unfortunately the chin is not an area that can be treated at this time due to its proximity to the jaw bone. The company is working in applications for this specific areas. 

Wishing you the best in your journey

SculpSure not for the chin or neck, yet

Currently, SculpSure is not approved or indicated for submental fat (ie double chin, chin fat).  I do hear, through the grapevine, that the parent company, Cynosure, is working on an applicator for the neck.  Stay tuned.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon