Scar revision surgery after TT to treat too tight groin-- revision necessary or will the skin stretch?

I had a TT and lipo of the mons 7 weeks ago. For the past 3 weeks, scar tissue at the incision line has been pulling on my inner/upper thigh skin creating a crease at my bikini line due to too taut skin. Without my compression garment, my groin is painful and feels like an indian burn. My PS wants to do a scar revision and clean out the scar tissue and possible hematoma. This would be under general anesthesia. Is it possible for the skin to stretch out on it's own? Or is revision the only course?

Taut skin in the groin area

Thank you for the question. It is rather difficult to fully assess your situation without an in-person examination. It is common to experience some discomfort and swelling in the groin after a tummy tuck. In most cases, the patients are advised to wait at least 8 months for the healing process to complete itself. Over the course of this process, your skin in the groin area would be expected to stretch naturally. In other cases, scar revision might be useful for therapeutic and aesthetic purposes. It's a good thing that your physician is already aware of your concerns. An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is always the best way to assess your needs and obtain reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi. 

Ask your surgeon

this questions and how necessary it is for you to have an exploration sooner as recommended?  If you have a non-expanding hematoma, this can be aspirated without exploration.  If is expanding, its obvious and continues to get larger and you should have had this taken care of when it first was appreciated.  Nerves sometimes get caught in sutures and can cause burning sensations down your thigh.  And without seeing a photos of the 'crease' that you say is visible, its really impossible to comment further.  Skin stretches with time... in everyone!

Curtis Wong, MD

Too tight

First, it is early post op so many things will change. There seems to be more than one thing happening if you surgeon wants to re-explore so soon. Hematoma was mentioned.
Without photos it is all guesswork from this end. I think you need to discuss this more with your surgeon since you still have questions as to reasons and expectations.
Good luck

Mark Eberbach, MD