Rhinoplasty - Are the procedures described in the pictures legit? (Photos)

I got different answers from different plastic surgeons.

Yes, they are

However rarely indicated, only y very bulbous and thick nostrils of patients with sebaceous hyperplasia of skin may be indicated, those and other plasties to narrow them, accpeting the entailing scars.

Spain Plastic Surgeon

Dear realselfhealth, The diagrams may be legit but I doubt you want this procedure performed. Seek some other consultations and review the surgeons before and after photographs of patients with similar noses and the same techniques performed. I would stay away from diagrams. See an example of alar reduction in the video above and many of the patients in the link below. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Are the diagrams shown accurate ?

do not believe diagrams. They are an artist drawing. Look at the results of the surgeon actually grts with various procedures that are one year postoperative. 

Rhinoplasty - Are the procedures described in the pictures legit?

Dear realselfhealthThe procedure you see above can be performed. The problem is that it is indicated for a patient with thick sebaceous ala. If the ala was only a couple mm deep this would work boy the ala is a three dimensional structure. This procedure will make the edge of your ala look different but from the front , your ala would not look truly thinner. It is also a riskier maneuver as scarring is less predictable. Overall a procedure with very limited benefit and high risk. That's why you don't see it done often and/or by many plastic surgeons.  

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon