Can I receive Botox injections 1 week prior to an EMatrix treatment?

I hear conflicting information that I should wait at least 2 weeks after Botox before receiving an Ematrix treatment. I've scheduled Botox 1 week prior because I've also heard it doesn't really matter. Is that a mistake? I just want to be certain the Ematrix will not offset the results of the Botox. Thank you so much in advance.

Botox after EMatrix

Any skin treatment 1 week after Botox injections is PROBABLY safe. However if you have the choice, I would recommend getting the Botox injections done 1 week after the EMatrix treatment. Some physicians will do it immediately after the skin treatment.

New Hampshire Vascular Surgeon

Can I receive Botox injections 1 week prior to an Ematrix treatment?

Thank you for your question. Yes, you can have Botox treatments any time after EMatrix. If you are getting Botox you will want to wait until the next day to have any type of other treatments on the face. To answer your question, yes you can. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox and Ematrix -- Do on SAME day

in my practice we do botox, fillers and lasers on the same day.  I'd suggest a different device than the ematrix which I feel gives very little return/results comared to newer devices like fraxel, viva, skinfinity, infini ... the list goes on.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox timing with procedures

Botox is tissue bound within 24 hours of injection.  It is generally recommended to avoid procedures that create intense swelling of the tissues treated with Botox during this period to avoid complicating the Botox injections by potential diffusion to unwanted areas.  After this period, no treatment will adversely effect the Botox results.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and eMatrix

Thanks for sharing.  The eMatrix is a great minimally invasive laser to treat your skin and improving its texture and tone. (I get this done myself).  Botox 1 week prior will be fine as each procedure works in different layers. Best of luck!

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Botox and eMatrix

You can definitely have Botox one week before eMatrix laser.  You are going to have two of my favorite procedures for wrinkles.  Best, Dr. Green

EMatrix and Botox for wrinkles

thank you for your question.

You can get botox before eMatrix BUT it would be better if you hold off and get the Botox as soon as a single day AFTER eMatrix for hyperhidrosis (as it is injected in the skin).

It is not a concern for wrinkle treatment as the Botox in injected in muscle and sublative RF energy (as in eMatrix) does NOT penetrate that deep to potentially destroy the Botox. 

So, for wrinkles, it is OK to get Botox a week before. 

Best
Dr Karamanoukian