How many pounds should I loose for lipo? (Photos)

So I want to get liposuction I want to know how many pounds should I loose to get this surgery but I also want to have fat enough fat to get a BBL

Healthy BMI

If you can get your weight as low as possible the risks of healing from a tummy tuck will go down significantly. You would need to be down to a healthy weight and BMI before having a cosmetic procedure to insure a safe outcome. Also, being at a stable weight is key to ensure you don't gain weight back after surgery. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes. Vistnes Plastic Surgery San Fancisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #mommymakeover #tummytuck

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Losing weight before liposuction

Thank you for the question and photos. Because liposuction is not meant to be used as a method for weight loss, patients are strongly advised to implement healthy lifestyle changes and achieve a desired weight prior to this procedure. A good way to assess your ideal weight is to calculate your BMI. Generally, liposuction may pose some risks if your BMI exceeds 30. 

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to assess your situation and guarantee an individualized medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi. 

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Weight loss and BBL

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and BBL.

• This is a complicated question - a lot depends on your current BMI (based on height and weight.)
  • It should be 35 or lower and you should be at your goal weight.
  • If you lose weight after a BBL, you are likely to lose the fat in the buttocks.
  • You need an examination before anyone can advise you if you need a tummy tuck 
  • Your photo suggests you are too heavy for one now but that may be wrong. 
  • So I suggest first getting to your right weight, then having a consultation.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Losing fat before liposuction

Based on your pictures you may want to move forward with the BBL at any time.

Following this I suggest losing a substantial amount of weight.

Based on your pictures you have significant skin laxity, muscle separation from previous pregnancies and quite a bit of intra-abdominal fat.

None of these will be corrected with liposuction but weight-loss will help dramatically lower the amount of intra-abdominal fat.

Once you've obtained a healthy BMI such as 24 you may not need liposuction but may be a very good candidate for a full abdominal plasty.

Most patients should get to an ideal body weight prior to having any cosmetic procedures.

Many people simply don't need liposuction if they get there weight where it should be.

I say this as a plastic surgeon who exclusively performs liposuction and fat transfer.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

How many pounds should I loose for lipo?

Thank you for your pictures and questions. I would say that from your pictures, you are not a good candidate for liposuction. You not only have excess adipose tissue in your abdomen but also a significant amount of excess skin. This skin will not be improved with liposuction and could even make your problem worse overall. You would be best served by losing weight and trying to achieve a more normal height/weight ratio and then having a tummy tuck or other abdominal contouring procedure to give the best results. 

Hope this helps!

Abdominoplasty

You are not a good candidate for liposuction of the abdomen, regardless of weight. Although you can utilize liposuction, an abdominoplasty or tummy tuck will be necessary to address your skin excess of your abdomen. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring / Tummy tuck / Mommy Makeover

You need a mommy makeover with skin removal and lipo to get the best outcome, and you should lose as much as possible beforehand.  I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction

Ideally, you should be at your ideal weight prior to surgery. However, liposuction can be done on a wide range of weights. Please don't do any harsh dieting just prior to surgery. You do need adequate protein levels to heal.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon