Is it normal to be uncomfortable side sleeping 5 mo after a mini TT?

Preop I was always a sidesleeper, but since my surgery 5 months ago I need to wear my compression band to be comfortable on my side. It's a pulling sensation

Recovery after tummy tuck

After tummy tuck surgery, I advise the patients to take two weeks off from work. The patients may return to work, but may not engage in any strenuous activity. At two months, the patients start low impact cardio. At three months they can engage in more strenuous physical activity. If anything hurts or causes swelling, we ask them to back off somewhat. If you exercise or do some particular activity that results in pain or swelling you are doing too much for your personal recovery at that time.  Not everyone heals the same.  You need to make sure that you don’t cause more swelling.  Fighting the swelling or working through the pain will certainly backfire. I prefer the patients to stay in town for two weeks if they from more than 2-3 hours away.  I do not allow patients to fly before 2 to 3 weeks at the very minimum.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon. They are most familiar with your medical history, details of your surgery, and how you are healing. They will be able to give you the most helpful answer. 

Austin Hayes, MD