How long do results from cool sculpting last?

How far out have patients been followed after treatments? What percentage are retaining their achieved results? And what percentage experience PAH? Are there risk factors for PAH?

CoolSculpting Results Are Permanent

CoolSculpting results, just as with liposuction, are permanent. The fat cells that are destroyed by the cold will not return. But the surrounding fat cells that remain can increase in size if you gain weight. You can get up to a 25% reduction in fat in the areas treated by CoolSculpting and even more by being more aggressive — liposuction! PAH (paradoxical adipose hyperplasia) is rare, and I have never seen it with CoolSculpting. Thanks for your question!

Permanent Results From CoolSculpting

Coolsculpting is best when performed on an area that has an excess number of fat cells. For example, women say, "When I gain weight, it goes straight to my belly." That means that you were born with more fat cells in your abdominal area. It would be great to perform coolsculpting in that area to reduce the number of fat cells there and make that are more proportional with the rest of your body. Then, if you gain weight, it will be more evenly distributed over your body. It won't just "go straight" to one area.
The fat loss is permanent after Coolsculpting. You typically lose 20-25% of the fat in the area treated, each time you treat it. I have done it to myself and my staff. It is truly effective and has no down time.

Best of Luck,
Sheila Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Coolsculpting and Results

The results of Coolsculpting are permanent provided you don't gain weight in that area.  Each area treated reduces the fat by 25% in a given area.  The key is to continue a healthy life style after the treatment.  Best, Dr. Green

CoolSculpting Results

CoolSculpting is an excellent non invasive procedure to reduce areas of unwanted fat.  Each treatment yields a 20-25% fat reduction.  This has been demonstrated in the clinical studies measuring the thickness of the fat layer before and after treatment.  The results are permanent, as long as you maintain a healthy lifestyle.  Our office has treated hundreds of patients, and we consistently see good results.

PAH (paradoxical adipose hyperplasia) is an extremely rare side effect that has been documented in less than 1% of patients.  Overall, CoolSculpting is a safe, effective treatment.  I would recommend a consultation with an experienced provider to address any further questions, ensure you are a good candidate, and help establish realistic expectations.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Results from CoolSculpting can be permanent

In one of the larger studies done on CoolSculpting, the average patient saw about 23% reduction in fat thickness (measured by calipers) three months after the procedure.  This effect is long-lasting, but obviously diet and exercise remain important here.  PAH (Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia) is rare with CoolSculpting - less than 1%.

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Thank you for the question. Coolsculpting is a great non-invasive technique to help with body contouring if you are a candidate. Compared to liposuction techniques there is no down time. It does take longer to see your results with Coolsculpting. It is also vital to maintain a good fitness and diet program to maintain your results. That is true for both techniques. Once the fat cells are removed other fat cells can enlarge if you don't take of yourself. It is best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine what is the best technique for you. Good luck.

CoolSculpting Results Are Long Lasting

As long as you maintain a healthy diet and an active lifestyle the results of the CoolSculpting treatment can be permanent. The risk of developing PAH is very low, less than 1%. We do among the most treatments in the entire Los Angeles area and have never had a case of PAH. Hope this helps answer your question.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Coolscultping as a non-invasive procedure gives you 2-25% reduction in 3 months. This is permanent.
It may require an area to have more than 1 treatment, but this is all done while watching tv or working from your computer in our office.
PAH is very rare, less than 1%. There aren't any risk factors to look for, but is simply treated with liposuction.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting Results

I tell people you pay for what you get.  Doing a hi definition liposuction procedure you will get 80-100% improvement and full body contouring.  With each coolsculpting you should theoretically get 15-20% improvement, so for "contouring" and fat reduction you'll need a few treatments overlapped in the surrounding areas.  The results will be apparent in 3-4 months.  If your diet and exercise doesn't stay same the fat will go other place or into the area if there still is some there.  Best, Dr. Emer.