What is the best liposuction for me? (photo)

My biggest problem area is my stomach,sides and back

Best Option

Hello thanks for sending your picture and for your inquiry. Although just one picture wouldn't be enough apparently you will not be happy with the results after just a liposuction. Liposuction is a tool to help you with small deposits of stubborn fat but it doesn't get rid of the loose skin or the abdominal muscles protrusion. The best way to address your needs would be with a full tummy tuck with liposuction in waist, flanks and lower back. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and tummy tuck work together

Liposuction will remove extra fat, but it will not remove extra skin and will not tighten your abdominal muscles. So your choice depends on your objectives. Obviously, you have some extra weight to lose as well. Surgery complements weight loss but is not a substitute. In my practice, 90% of patients undergoing a tummy tuck also have liposuction. This is the only way to reduce the unattractive "muffin top" areas and also the upper abdomen where patients often have an extra roll of fat. You can view before and after photos on my website and learn more about the procedures at my website.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction - which is best?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • This is a great question - you have 3 options.
  • The hardest is weight loss - or if you are 100 pounds or more over weight, gastric bypass.
  • Or you can have liposuction - but you have stretch marks and hanging skin. Liposuctionwill leave your skin much looser.
  • And after liposuction, unless you lose at least 10 pounds, the fat in time appears in new areas.
  • Or you can have a tummy tuck with liposuction on the sides. This is probably your best choice but an exam is needed to be sure.
  • Don't worry about the type of liposuction - good surgeons get good results from any machine.
  • Just be sure you see a plastic surgeon who does tummy tucks and liposuction -
  • A doctor who only knows how to do liposuction, is probably not going to give you an impartial and fully informed decision.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

You are excellent candidate for liposuction.  My advice to you is to consider liposuction in hands of a doctor with over 15 years of experience and wait for 6 months for final results.  Then if necessary you may consider other procedures such as a tuck which you may not need and would just increase the cost and down time and a large scar and other side effects.  Thanks for good question

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

What is the best liposuction for me?

Thank you for your question.  Your photos demonstrates loose excess hanging abdominal skin which would benefit from a tummy tuck.  Liposuction can be performed as an adjunct to improve the hips & flanks.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question. From your photos, it appears that you would benefit from a Tummy Tuck with Liposuction to your hips and back.  You should get a nice result, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.For health and safety reasons, best to be a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon