26 yo 150 lbs have 2 children Do you think I need a lift or could I obtain good results with just a large implant? (photo)

too lift or not too lift

26 yo 150 lbs have 2 children Do you think I need a lift or could I obtain good results with just a large implant?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, hugs!

Breast lift vs Breast Augmentation

The recommended procedure generally depends on your goals. As your stated goal is a "good result," the procedure of choice would include a breast lift. Breast implants provide volume. They provide very little lift, i.e. they do not pull the hanging breast up. 
I hope this answer adds some clarity to your understanding. 
Good luck and best wishes on your surgery. 

Wayne I. Yamahata, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Lift or no lift?

You absolutely need a lift.  There are some patients that are borderline, but unfortunately, you are not one of them.  Your nipple and areola are pretty far below your inframammary crease and in order to achieve a pretty look out of clothing, there is no way around a lift.  The good news is that with proper scar management, breast lift scars typically heal beautifully, and your scars will be almost imperceptible after a year.  Good luck!

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your children.  Based on your photographs your nipple appears to be significantly below the inframammary crease of the fold under your breast.  This would indicate that she will need a breast lift in addition to implants for the best result. Pick your board certified plastic surgeon carefully.

Do you think I need a lift or could I obtain good results with just a large implant?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photo, it appears that you would need a lift in addition to implants to get a good aesthetic result.  The lift would help to raise the nipples, shape the breasts, reduce the areola size and correct asymmetry.  Be sure to consult with an experienced plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast Lift or Bigger Implants?

This question is a very common one, and it shows that we Plastic Surgeons still have some explaining to do. I separate breast enhancement into two main areas for optimization: the best size and the best shape. Breast implants are the safest and most predictable means we have to significantly increase breast size, but they do not lift breasts, ever. While they inflate the breast, they do not reposition the nipple higher in the breast unless the nipple is already there. If the nipple is below the breast fold (under the breast), the enlargement will expand the nipple bearing skin down further. So before enlarging, the shape of the breast is always considered.

On the breast lift side of the equation, a breast lift raises the nipple on the breast and raises the breast on the chest wall, something a breast implants can't do. In fact, larger implants add more weight to the breast and increase the need for a breast lift in the future.

If you like the shape of your breast and it is small, a breast implant alone is a reasonable option. If the breast is deflated back towards the chest, a breast implant alone may still be a reasonable option. If the breast and/or nipple are low, a breast lift is a better choice, and if you want a larger cup size or more fullness on top, a breast implant can help too.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Do you need a lift?

If you desire perky, you will need one.  If you can get by with large but downward pointed nipples, you could go with an augmentation alone.  Be careful that your implants are not lowered to low on your chest as it is a common mistake when trying to centralize the nipple.

Curtis Wong, MD

Lift or Large Implant

Once the nipple falls below the lower fold of the breast it is necessary to do a full lift to get an aesthetic result. Placing any implant by itself would leave a bizarre look with an upper bulge in a saggy breast, and the bigger the implant the more bizarre the look. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

26 y/o 150 lbs have 2 children. Do you think I need a lift or could I obtain good results with just a large implant?

From your one photo, I believe you will definitely need to have a breast lift along with a breast augmentation.  Even with a large implant an augmentation alone will not elevate your breast or nipple.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who routinely performs both breast lifts and augmentations.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon