Is a lift necessary? (Photos)

I know actual measurements are necessary, but at a glance does it look like I will need a lift or is my droop minimal enough to be corrected with implants. I am pretty convinced I want the upper middle round cleavage without being supported or pushed up with a bra. I currently fill a C but it is more skin, less "fill". I don't have an ideal size target, more of a look and porn star is not it, even though that's what I just described. Ha

Breast lifts vs breast implants

Breast implants provide volume and can fill the upper parts of the breasts. If breasts sag, implants will generally not pull the bottom part of the breasts up very much. Whether you need a lift or not depends on your goals. If your goal is to have greater volume and you are willing to accept  residual sag, then implants alone would suffice. If your goals are to reduce the sag to the extent you demonstrate with your arms raised then this would likely require a lift. Your surgeon should be able to provide you with realistic expected outcomes after a thorough examination during a formal consultation.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

From your photos

a lift is not technically needed but if you have a certain look that is beyond natural, a lift could be needed to achieve that result.  In my practice, an augmentation alone is all that is recommended and a lift can always be done later.  Why sign up for the additional costs, risks, and scarring at this point when it may be needed.  This is based on your photos where your nipple appears to be above your folds.

Curtis Wong, MD

Is a lift necessary

Cleavage will not be achieved with implants alone, even with a lift. Cleavage comes from the pushing of a bra. Naturally large breasts do not have cleavage unless in a bra.In some cases, when an implant is placed on top of the muscle, you can have the illusion of greater cleavage, but in time the breast will sag and lose the cleavage. In the worst case scenario, as there is  a higher risk of capsular contracture with implants placed on top of the muscle, so you can be left with firmer and potentially painful breasts, depending on the severity of the capsular contracture.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast Lift is Likely

Unless you want to walk around with your hands in the air, you will likely benefit from a breast lift with your breast augmentation. A physical examination and a little more information is necessary to make the decision. A breast lift will raise the position of the nipple and the breast mound, but comes at the "price" of additional scars. Breast augmentation alone will help with the size, but will not significantly raise the nipple on the chest. If you are happy with the current location of the nipples, then a breast lift is not needed. Either way, you are on the borderline where a discussion should be had with your chosen Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. More information is available via the link below.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Is a lift necessary?

If you are looking for a higher nipple position with less overhang, as you demonstrate by raising your arms, then you will need a lift as well as implants to achieve this. If, however, you are asking whether you might get a good result with implants alone and avoid the extra scars and extra expense of a lift, then it is possible. The determining factor is how much your breasts are overhanging the crease under the breast, since the bottom of the implant is at the level of the crease. A somewhat larger implant may fill your breasts out sufficiently without a lift. You could always do a lift later if needed.

Do I Need a Breast Lift?

• From your photos it would appear that you are a good candidate for a breast lift. 
BREAST LIFT (MASTOPEXY)WHO IS A CANDIDATE
  • If you have sagging breasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, weight loss, or aging.
  • If the sagging is expected to be present after an implant.
  • If your nipple-areolar complexes (pigmented areas around nipples) are enlarged or not similar.
INTENDED RESULTA mastopexy or breast-lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is used for breasts that sag but are not overly large. Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as a part of aging. Pregnancy, breastfeeding, and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis (sagging). Some patients will achieve a better breast shape if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy.
Results can include:
  • An elevated, more youthful breast contour.
  • Nipple-areolar complexes of the desired size and at the correct height and similar location

Breast Lift with or without Breast Implants

Thank you for your question about Breast Lift.

Based solely on the pictures, it appears that you are borderline whether you need breast implants alone or a breast lift with implants.

To be sure what might be right for you, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Breast lift

Ultimately this needs to be discussed and decided between you and your surgeon. You have a fair amount of breast asymmetry and without a lift you can expect the same asymmetry if not worse without a lift. A lift will allow the surgeon to even out your nipple asymmetry but if you are more concerned about how you will look in clothing, you don't absolutely require a lift. As other surgeons have said a lift will not necessary change your cleavage as this is achieved with a bra. I hope this helps

Josh Olson MD

Breast Lift

Hi Mamas Ready,
I personally wouldn't do a lift if I was you.  I would do the internal dual plane lift, but I haven't examined you.  Here is the concept we practice.  Please put an index card in your breast fold. If your nipple is at the edge of the card or below, then you would be a candidate for a lift, either a vertical or anchor or areolar incision. If your nipple is above the edge, you could be a candidate for an internal lift called the dual plane. The video below explains the dual plane internal lift. I also attached an article from a peer-reviewed journal to give you an even better idea. I believe the dual plane and implants alone will do it for you, and that you will not need a lift. Be sure to seek a consultation with a BC PS to be sure. All the best, “Dr. Joe”

May need lift

An implant alone might work, but your "droop" is at the limits of what a breast augmentation alone an do.