Is my labia being like this normal? (Photos)

this is pretty uncomfortable and unattractive. the rigt labia is quite larger than the left. i know i need a labiaplasty but how much would this cost? is there anything i can do about it temporarily?

Labiaplasty post op activity

Thank you for your questionBased on the photograph and your description of how you feel, I think you would be an excellent labiaplasty candidate.There is not much that is effective or gets the desired results like an actual labiaplasty surgery.The down time is relatively quick and the procedure for the most part is very safe and usually performed under local anesthesia.Best of luck

Non-Surgical Labiaplasty Options

With the availability of recent technology, there are few nonsurgical vaginal rejuvenation options available  for our patients. CO2 fractionated lasers include the FemiLift, MonaLisa Touch and IntimaLase. The ThermiVa as radiofrequency energy that can also treat the outer Labia to reduce and tighten this area.  It can increase blood flow, sensitivity , and orgasm. It can increase moisture and decrease  stress urinary incontinence for many women. PRP ( Platelet Rich Plasma )  can be added to these procedures which may make a difference in the outcome. It can be injected into the vaginal mucosa to increase circulation and vaginal health , O-shot.   PRP can also be used for a “G” Shot which is injected into the G-spot. Costs for non-surgical laser vaginal rejuvenation are approximately 3000 - for 3 sessions.  Twice yearly or yearly follow up treatments are recommended to maintain vaginal health.If PRP is being added there is an additional $1000-1200 per treatment session.

thank you for your question You would be a good a candidate for Labiaplasty. Labiaplasty is a procedure that reduces the size of your vaginal lips. Hooding of the clitoris can also be reduced at the same time. My patients tell me that pain is negligible after surgery. They are more confident wearing bikinis, shorts, and tight pants. I hope you find this information helpful.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Thank you for your question and photographs.Unfortunately, without cosmetic surgery there really isn’t anything you can do to change the appearance of your labia. I would recommend a labiaplasty to remove that excess tissue. It is a simple procedure which can be performed in the office under local anesthesia. The cost varies depending on your location and the surgeon. I can tell you that the RealSelf average cost is between $4,000 and $5,000 and many offices also offer payment plans such as CareCredit so this is something to consider asking about during your consultation.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
 Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for a Labiaplasty

There is a trend to have less prominent labia, but this is a matter of choice and there are no medical reasons to do so other than improving your appearance down there. Candidates for a Labiaplasty procedure are women who are concerned about the appearance of their labia or experience discomfort due to exceptionally large or long labia of either the inner our outer lips. Labia unevenness can result in discomfort with intimate contact, chronic rubbing, as well as psychological discomfort, which leads to the inability to wear certain types of tight clothing. Most women live with these symptoms, and actually are not even aware that a certain surgical procedure exists to help to correct this problem and restore their femininity.
  •  Tweet

If you don't like your labia, schedule a consultation with cosmetic gynecologist

There is no temporary fix for large labia. If you'd like a quote send an email and whether you prefer to be done under straight local or with twilight anesthesia conducted by one of my anesthesiologists. Out of town patients are usually OK to fly home in 24-36 hours and the NYC area is convenient for everything.

​Designer Laser Vaginoplasty

Designer Laser Vaginoplasty is a group of cosmetic laser procedures which repairs, enhances, and beautifies the genitalia. The most common DLV procedures are the Laser Reduction Labioplasty (reduction of labia minora), Laser Perineoplasty to rebuild an aging or damaged perineum, augmentation of labia majora, and Laser Hymenoplasty (reconstruction of the hymen).Fees depend on the extent of surgery and surgery is tailored to the individual. In the meantime, I recommend a consultation in order to receive detailed information as well as a personalized quote.

Your labia are entirely normal

as people develop in different ways.  Fortunately, labia can be reduced if felt to be beneficial to patients.  Despite what some may say, this a procedure that can be done in the office under local for reasonable costs.  It is safe, predictable and revisions, if needed, easily done.  Beware of the surgeon that wants to remove too much with one slash of the blade as there are many horrible results here on this site.  Surgeons with experience and good judgment are the best to see...

Curtis Wong, MD

Is my labia being like this normal?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, it appears that you have excess skin at your labia minora.  This can often lead to discomfort.  Fortunately, it can be effectively treated with a labiaplasty procedure.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Are my labia normal?

Dear Angelavril11,Thank you for writing in with your question and sharing your photos.  When we go through puberty, the hormone estrogen causes the breasts and the labial tissue to grow.  They can become larger, uneven and change in color.  They can cause comfort, functional and appearance concerns for many teenagers and adults, so know you are not alone. There are over 20 reasons female patients seek labiaplasty surgery.  These include hygiene issues, pain /irritation with exercise, activities and clothing as well as pulling with sex, interfering with tampon placement, as well as the emotional and psychological impact on body image (feeling self-conscious, embarrassed, or abnormal).As a board-certified Ob/Gyn  who has performed over 750 labiaplasties, I can speak from experience and tell you that approaching your gynecologist may be good for an initial discussion, but most do not have much experience with addressing labial issues since we are not exposed to this in residency, and many do not know the issues and techniques available.  I highly recommend you research cosmetic gynecologists, uro-gynecologists and plastic surgeons who focus their practices on female sexual heath and who offer more than one type of labiaplasty procedure.  There are two main types of procedures: those that reduce the edges (the traditional edge-reducing technique) and the edge-preserving procedures (that cut a piece out of the labia but maintain the color, texture and contour of the edge, called the various "wedge" procedures).  The wedges have a slightly higher risk of having edges separate, but in experienced hands this is minimal.Many times, when women have extra labial tissue, there can be extra tissue around the clitoral hood as well which may need to be addressed for the best cosmetic result, but can also cause hygiene and access issues. For more information about labiaplasty and hood reduction, please visit the link below.  There are several excellent cosmetic-plastic gynecologists in California including Dr. Michael Goodman and Dr. Red Alinsod who you may like.I hope this information is helpful.Sincerely,Troy Robbin Hailparn, MD, FACOGCosmetic Gynecology Center of San Antonio

Troy Hailparn, MD
San Antonio OB/GYN