Can the Kybella method be done in Albania? And is there any problem that I am 18?

Kybella is a great procedure that contours and improves the appearance of moderate to severe fat under the chin known. However, as of right now it is only available in the United States.

Dr. Green

Kybella in Albania

Kybella is approved in the USA for the treatment of fullness due to fat under the chin.  I do not know if it is available in Albania, or anywhere in Europe yet.  An 18 year old can be treated without issues.  I would recommend finding a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon with experience with Kybella.

Marla M. Klein, MD
Lake Oswego Dermatologic Surgeon

Hello selenamandra,

Kybella can be injected at age 18.  I am not sure if it is offered in Albania or approved for use there.  It is approved for use in the United States.  If you do choose to come to the US for treatment, keep in mind that it takes at least 2 and up to 4 treatments to get a result (and treatments are spaced about 4-6 weeks apart).  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question, selenamandra. Kybella can be performed for individuals under 18 years old. I suggest you find a surgeon in the United States with plenty of experience performing injectibles, specifically Kybella, and who is board certified.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella -- FDA approved for Submental Fat, Non Surgical Option But Still New

Kybella is available by well trained physician injectors and should be done only by those who are experts and know neck rejuvenation procedures.  As well you can have this procedure done under 21 if you have parental consent.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Kybella in Albania

I have no idea if Kybella is offered in Albania.  There is no problem with being 18.  I would find a plastic surgeon in the US and make an appt to see if you are a candidate.  

Good Luck