Can Juvederm last 7 years? Will hyaluronidase still work?

Hi, I've had juvederm done on my cheeks and nasolabial folds in 2009. It's 2016 and they are still there after 7 years. I feel long lumps going down the nasolabial folds and sometimes the fillers swell up and it is obvious. Are there any cases of juvederm lasting that long? I am scared to try hyaluronidase as i've read some testimonies that say that things went from bad to worse with their face becoming uneven after it.

Long-term Juvederm

I have seen Juvederm swelling 7 years after injection.  I suggest you see an expert in fillers to assess you and determine next steps. Cannula injections limit complications.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm removal after 7 years

There are no bad side effects from using hyaluronidase. I would first try this. If no success, 5FU might be needed. Yes it is possible that it is still around after 7 years if it is a granuloma.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Long lasting HA filler

Although HA fillers are supposed to last only about one year, we have found that it some patients it can last much longer than that.  I have recently seen 2 patients and one had filler for 8 years and one for 6.  The hyaluronidase was able to easily remove the filler even after all this time.  I have not heard of hyaluronidase causing problems, so you should go ahead any try it.    

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon