I had a pimple on my head, then I went and got Botox (Photo)

24 hr later my face look like this

Injection Botox in an area of possible infection

I would not inject Botox if the area looks like it may be infected. Botox is as much of an elective procedure as anything could be, so risking aggravating an infection does not make much sense. I just have the  patient reschedule after the area clears. 
In your case, warm packs and possibly an antibiotic such as Keflex (if not allergic to it) should clear up the area. 
Best Wishes, Dr. Kiener

Botox injections and acne

Injections of neurotoxin or fillers are less effective and more risky in areas of inflammation. The red area should resolve with some warm compresses. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
#Realself100 Surgeon

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Botox into area of infection/acne

Botox should be avoided in areas of inflammation or infection.  Speak to your physician if you are concerned. I would get skin care at this time over the crusted spot.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox and Infection

Thank you for your question and the photos. Botox/fillers should not be injected in areas of active infection. It is best to follow up with your injector and express your concerns. Best of luck.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Botox and pimple

I don't know exactly what the issue is as I don't see a before . If you are saying Botox was injected into the pimple I don't see why that would occur. Botox does not treat pimples or infection

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox should not be injected into areas with active infections

Injections of botox would not have caused this pimple to worsen unless it was injected directly into the area affected.  You should be seen for evaluation for treatment of the acne cyst with antibiotic therapy.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

I had a pimple on my head, then I went and got Botox

Hello sq209,

Botox is not usually injected into an area with an active infection.  But unless the needle was placed into the infected area, it is likely not related.  You are clearly showing evidence of a skin infection.  This should be treated with antibiotics to prevent it from spreading.  Either follow up with your injector or your primary care physician to receive appropriate treatment ASAP.  If it is worsening before you can see them consider an urgent care clinic or ER.  Failure to receive appropriate treatment can lead to a worsening infection and possibly an abscess which requires surgical drainage.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Pimple - NYC

Unless you had Botox directly injected into the pimple I think it is unrelated. In either case you should contact your treating physician for antibiotics since it appears the pimple is growing into a cyst.  Please consult an experienced physician for your cosmetic treatments.  Best, Dr. Green