I have my nose injected with Botox 8 years now the tip of my nose is red like Rodulf the Red nose reindeer. Any suggestion?

What could be the possible procedure and how dangerous could it be to remove this embarrassing redness on tip of my nose.

Thank you for your question icupnet. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. Most people enjoy their results for 3-4 months. Rosacea is a common condition characterized by redness in the central face such as the nose or cheeks (but can spread over the entire face or even the neck and chest) exacerbated by certain triggers such as sun exposure, spicy foods, an alcohol consumption. Rosacea can be treated with IPL or other lasers including KTP or pulsed dye. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Red noses gotta go.

The red tips on noses are easily treated with laser, IPLs or eclectrocautery. All work great and are easy to undergo. botox has nothing to do with the red nose.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Nasal tip redness

Botox effects typically wear off in 3-4 months so it is unlikely to be the cause of your redness.
However, the most common cause of chronic recurrent nasal tip redness in adults is associated with a common dermatologic condition called rosacea.
A variety of prescription and non prescription products for facial redness and rosacea can be applied to the skin but their success is often limited.
Although not a cure for redness, any laser or light that impacts blood vessels, such as a series of pulse dye laser treatments or a series of intense pulsed light treatments (IPL), can be successful at diminishing the redness significantly.
Hope that helps!

Frances Jang, MD
Vancouver Dermatologic Surgeon

Rosacea -- ProYellow Laser, Pulsed Dye/Vbeam, Excel V ; combine with clear + brilliant and microneedling

Redness can be treated with various lasers.  Please post photos and consider treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

I have my nose injected with Botox 8 years now the tip of my nose is red like Rudolph the Red nose reindeer. Any suggestion?

Hello icupnet,

Botox would not cause your nose to turn red, and certainly 8 years later would have nothing to do with any condition that would develop.  What you are likely experiencing is Rosacea or possibly some vascular condition (like a prominent blood vessel there).  Without evaluating and photos it is difficult to say exactly what.  However, the treatment would most likely involve using a light based therapy like a laser (there are several lasers that can help with rosacea and vascular conditions).  I would recommend you follow up with a facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist to learn more about your options.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon