I had a labiaplasty & clitoral hood reduction, I personally feel that there was too much removed? (Photos)

I has surgery almost a week ago, mainly due to discomfort. The surgeon did a beautiful job, there was absolutely no post-op pain, bruising or bleeding & very minimal swelling. I would have liked more labia minora remaining... Opinions? Is it common practice to remove this much/try to create a slit like "barbie" look? Also any recommendations on minimising scar formation/appearance on the prepuce? Fractional laser? Is it worth silicon taping or don't bother as it is a low tension closer?

Labiaplasty

Thank you for your question.  The final result will be seen after several months, which at that time one can evaluate if a secondary surgery would be recommended.  I would recommend contacting the surgeon who performed the original surgery to evaluate your current condition.  If you require a secondary procedure in the future, I would recommend an experienced genital surgeon even if that requires traveling. Best of luck.     

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)

Cleveland Urologist

Labiaplasty results

Your labiaplasty results look very good considering you are only one week out from surgery.  The overall contour and size look appropriate.  As others have stated it is too early to judge the final results at this time.  Continue to follow-up with your surgeon and be patient as you heal.   As for the scars I would recommend SkinMedica scar gel or something similar.  Laser treatment or silicone taping is not necessary.

Jeff T. Healy, MD
Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty

I actually feel that there wasn't enouhj skin removed from the clitoral hood.  This makes it look uneven.  You are healing nicely.  You may want to consult a board certified plastic surgeon in 6 months for a revision. 

Be sure to choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that specializes in labiaplasty procedure and has an extensive photo gallery. This will help ensure a good result with optimal aftercare.

Early labia results exceptional

as most people have bruising and bleeding.  You are not deficient from your photos but give yourself time to heal and avoid placing tension on your wounds with your fingers pulling on your labia.  Once you are healed or when your surgeon wants follow-up photos, you can further discuss any lingering concerns you may have.  If you have follow-up appointments with your surgeon, bring up your concerns then so its not a surprise as most would think you have a very good result.  

Curtis Wong, MD

Labiaplasty

Actually, it appears that you have a very good result, surprising for just one week postop. Most of the time one has a lot of swelling still at this time. Be happy, many people don't get this good of a result.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

I had a labiaplasty & clitoral hood reduction, I personally feel that there was too much removed?

Thank you for your pictures and questions. I think that based on the information you have provided, you have a fantastic result. If you are unhappy with it, you need to discuss this with your surgeon and review your goals and expectations that you had prior to surgery.

Hope this helps!

It looks like fine work to me and I'm a perfectionist

If you go to a skilled surgeon, you usually get what you asked for. If you didn't specify a particular feature of your goals, then they did what they thought would look best based on their judgement and experience. No need to apply anything on the prepuce. Silicone tape would not be a good idea as these scars are relatively fragile.

One week post-op labiaplasty question

For 1 week post-op, you look great. I see no evidence that "too much was taken off" There is still swelling, and little-by-little, your "new" labia will begin to form once the swelling is gone. It will not be until at least 6-8 weeks from surgery that you will begin to appreciate final results. I'd counsel to wait until then to second-guess and bother yourself with research about the next thing to do... Send us photos at 6-8 weeks if oyu have concerns at that time  :)

Regards,

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  It appears that you have had a nice reduction of both your clitoral hood and labia minora, but despite your limited discomfort I would recommend allowing your results to mature over the next 6 weeks before assessing your longer-term results.  It appears that your labia minora are just behind the level of your labia majora which most women want, but not having been at your initial consultation it is difficult to comment on what your expectations were.  Voice your concerns to your surgeon.