I am 24 year old male suffering from hair loss for the last 8 months

, i am afraid i will go bald, i have a history of hypothyroidism and on b12 suppliments and thyroxin . my hairs have gone sparse in last few months what should i do

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride

I suggest posting pictures, seeing an expert, getting a biopsy and blood tests to see if there is any internal cause and starting hair loss treatments.  Best, Dr. Emer.

#hairloss at young age

There are many causes for hair loss the most common being genetic male pattern hair loss. Hyperthyroidism may instigate the progression of genetic hair loss. Because of its progressive nature, If you indeed have genetic hair loss, you need to be examined by a hair loss specialist for treatment options. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

24 year old male with hair loss

Hypoothyroidism can induce hair loss especially if you are genetically prone to hair loss. Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements with the HAIRCHECK instrument which is very effective of predicting hair loss based upon early loss of your hair. It will determine the degree of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the best test to get will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come. AS you are in California, you can visit us and have the HAIRCHECK study done on your hair. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon