What's happening to my eye? (Photos)

3 years ago I noticed that when ever I take a picture my right eye looks larger and the whites appear to be seen more than the other eye. Now that I'm working and studying I've been loosing sleep and it has gotten worst. I tested my eyes and I have perfect vision and I am not wearing glasses. What could be this problem?

What's happening to my eye?

Your right eye has slight ptosis (drooping) of the upper eyelid. This can be treated with mild "tightening" of the upper lid. The lower lid has slight laxity. You may be able to treat this with "exercise", or it can be tightened also. Consult a plastic surgeon.

Asymmetry of the eyes

You may have normal asymmetry, but it would be best to see an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation. Thyroid problems and sinus problems may cause asymmetry that takes place over months to years. A thorough evaluation would give you peace of mind about your eyes. Best wishes. 

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Nothing is wrong with your eyes

as having mild asymmetries are completely normal as in your case.  But if your lids are encroaching on your pupils, you could have some ptosis and insurance covered procedures can help resolve that... but still perfect symmetry is nearly impossible to achieve so be cautious about pursuing surgery.

Curtis Wong, MD

Droopy upper eyelid (ptosis)

Best to see an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation. It does appear you have bilateral upper eyelid ptosis (droopy eyelids). See following link and video for details.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon