Will Fraxel help smoothen my stretch marks (less noticeable) using ablative or non-ablative ? (Photo)

My stretch marks are over 10 years old. Will Fraxel give me better results since I've been treating my skin with dermaroll, dry brush and coconut oil/vitamin a and e oils ? It has been over 6 months since I started treating my stretch marks and they feel very soft, but still noticeable in bright sun light (blue, white purple color). The stretch marks seem to be a lot smoother when I touch I them. Ablative or non-ablative Fraxel ? Which one ? The less number of treatments,the more economical.

Will Fraxel help smoothen my stretch marks (less noticeable) using ablative or non-ablative ?

Thank you for your question. There are several different laser treatments that can help improve your stretch marks. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeons office for a treatment plan that will work best for you.

Stretch Marks and Treatments

Stretch marks are difficult to treat.  Stretch marks are similar to a scar in the skin. The eMatrix laser has the best success rate of any of the lasers that I have used and can be used in all skin types.  If the stretch marks are just red, then the V-Beam laser is my preferred treatment.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with these cosmetic lasers.

Stretch Mark Treatment -- Eclipse Micropen, PRP, Sublative/Viva, Fraxel/Clear+Brilliant

There are many options for improvement but no "cure" for stretch marks. If they are red, Vbeam or Excel V laser can help. If they are older and stretched/white, then treatments/procedures such as microneedling, lasers or radiofrequency devices can help build collagen and give improvement. I suggest a cosmetic dermatologist with experience in the treatment of scars and who is an expert in lasers and fillers. Best, Dr. Emer.

Fraxel

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited

Elliot M. Heller, MD