What is the best filler for malar creases? Can regular Juvederm work? (Photo)

sometimes my malar creases are more viable ..depending on the day and light. What is the best filler? Can regular juvederm work? Also, I don't want to look fake or like I have huge cheeks. Here is a photo days apart! My creases look horrible on the left pic.

Can regular Juvederm work?

For the malar creases, my favorite filler is Juvederm Voluma.  It is injected deeply on the bone not into the skin like regular Juvederm.  It is more expensive than regular Juvederm but lasts about 2x longer (upwards of 2 years).  Part of the beauty of Voluma is that you can inject a little and see a visible difference so that you can determine how much you would like and you can always add more at a later date.  Best of luck!

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Fill the cheeks as well as malar creases for best results with malar creases

The malar creases are cause by two things:  loss of fat and collagen in the upper face (cheeks) that makes the cheeks start to sag causing heaviness on the lower part of the face and loss of collagen in the chin.  
The result is more natural looking and prettier if you also treat the cheeks. Lifting the cheeks is best done with Juvederm Voluma or Restylane Lyft.  For the malar creases, I like either Juvederm Ultra or Restylane. 
By taking the pressure off the "jowls" with the elevation of the cheeks, less filler is needed in the creases and the overall look is more natural and more attractive.

Amy Forman Taub, MD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma's the answer

Voluma is great for malar crease filling. It is injected deep and pushes your normal tissue out giving you a great result. Consider discussing this with your injector.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Malar Creases

As you can see from the answers below, ever surgeon is going to have his or her opinion. I would advise you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist in your area (link below) to discuss the best option for you. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Best Filler for Malar Area and Facial Creases

I suggest a formal consultation with discussion over the numerous options as there are many for you here. I have all my filler patients use Sculpra as their foundation with Voluma, Radiesse or Lyft for the Malar areas as they all give more lift/volume.  Fat transfer or bellafill are also options and have longer duration of effect.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Best filler

By using the word malar creases, I believe you are meaning the under eye cheek lines that show as you smile. So some advice, be careful. There are two faces so to speak, one as we are not smiling, where we are not dynamically expressive, and the other the smiling face, with dynamic expression. Both are equally real, and the challenge is, whatever injectable correction you might use in the smiling face, needs to look equally good in the not smiling face. And by looking good, I mean looking natural in both, and not looking as though you over corrected with filler. So a subtle use of a filler such as Juvederm Ultraplus correction may well work, but be careful of over correction, as a correction in the non smiling face, may well be over corrected in the smiling face.

Douglas J. Key, MD
Portland Dermatologic Surgeon

Malar Creases and Mid-Face Injections with Voluma or Lyft

Either Juvederm Voluma or Restylane Lyft will both provide mid face lift and remove those malar creases.  You should be happy with either of those products when injected properly.  Best, Dr. Green

What is the best filler for malar creases? Can regular Juvederm work?

Regular Juvederm can be used for malar creases, but  Voluma will give you a better and longer lasting result.  Although, Voluma is more expensive per CC than Juvederm, when one takes into consideration its superior lifting capability and the fact that it can last up to twice as long as Juvederm, the Voluma will be more cost effective in the long run.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm Ultra Plus XC Can Work Well For Certain Malar Creases

When performing a nonsurgical cheek augmentation with volumizing fillers, I ordinarily choose Voluma XC and Restylane Lyft in my Upper East Side Manhattan practice (and Stylage XXL and Hyaluronica 2 in my Israel satellite facility where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved fillers and volumizers are available). 

Photos in the non-smile position would have been very helpful. That having been said, in this particular case, where it seems (at least from the photos in the smile position) that the crease itself is the main issue (and apparently not consistently at all times) rather than uniformly deflated cheeks, the use of Juvederm Ultra Plus XC (U.S.) and Princess Volume (Israel) injected beneath the crease itself would likely be the approach of choice to elevate and smooth the crease without unnecessarily over-inflating the remainder of the cheeks.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Malar creases

I would definitely recommend Juvéderm Voluma.  It lasts up to two years and performs wonderfully. Good luck to you. 

David P. Mueller, DDS
Virginia Beach Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon