Other Fat Transfer Areas... Any suggestions? (photos)

I'm unhappy w/ my bbl. I don't have much fat in my stomach and flanks due to the recent lipo, but I feel I have fat in others. I asked my PS and he said this "to try to harvest fat from your limbs puts you are a more than reasonable risk of developing contour irregularities with little transferable fat to be recovered." Please see pics and let me know if he is correct. He keeps telling me if he lipos again, I'll look like Tara Reid after she got bad lipo done.

Fat Transfer for BBL

Based solely on your photos, it appears you would not have enough fat for any reasonable transfer.  If you need to, then get a second opinion.  However, be cautious.  You do not want to get irregular contours from being over treated with liposuction.  I have seen too many of these over treated patients (done by other doctors) that I work on correcting.  It is very difficult to fully correct contour irregularities.  I even had to treat the person you mentioned.  Good luck.    

BBL Concerns

Based on the photos provided, you have very little to no fat to transfer to the buttocks to make a noticeable difference. Your previous surgeon has given reasonable advice. Best advice is to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in order to discuss your goals and/or options. Best of Luck.

Based on the pictures posted, you do not have any fat to transfer to the buttocks to give a reasonable good results.May want to consider a buttock implant. Your surgeon has given a very thoughtful advise

Little Fat & Butt Augmentation Options

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist.   Based on your photos it appears that you have very little fat on your body.  I think the risks of performing more liposuction i.e. contour irregularities and lumpiness is too high and the amount of fat that will be harvested is too small.  I would not recommend it.  I think butt implants are a great option given the available body fat. Please reach out if you have any further questions.  Best of Luck!   Sincerely, Matthew J. Nykiel, M.D. #RealSelfTopDoctor #RealSelfCoreDoctor “THE” Butt Doctor Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Cosmetic Fellowship Trained Surgeon

Insufficient fat

The chance of having problems from liposuction should be relatively small if someone has a lot of experience or is inherently talented with liposuction.

Your plastic surgeon is correct in that extremities are technically more difficult they can be treated with liposuction with little risk of contour problems if it's done by someone with experience with liposuction.

It's not possible in your case to say if this is a good or bad idea without having more detailed information and an examination.
My practice is exclusively devoted to body contouring using liposuction and fat transfer.
We do these procedures with our patients  awake using local Anastasia and mild sedation.
You may want to consider getting a few second opinions.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD