Are there any fat reduction creams that work? I know there is Kybella

Any chance they will make a watered down version for at home use? Any ingredients that penetrate the skin barrier? Anything in the works?

Topical Creams to Reduce Fat?

Current options for fat reduction include liposuction (which can often be performed using local anesthesia in the office with minimal downtime), Kybella injection (specifically for fat under the chin) and multiple non-invasive devices including CoolSculpting, Vanquish, LipoSonix and others.  There is currently no topical cream with the ability to penetrate down to the fat layer.

Washington Dermatologic Surgeon

Are there creams for fat reduction?

It would be nice if we could rub creams at home and have the fat gone from the stubborn areas.
Unfortunately there are no such creams.
The choices for fat reduction are dieting, exercise, liposuction, BodyTite, Kybella and several non-surgical options such as BodyFx or UlraShape.
I ope that helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Fat reduction cream

Unfortunately there is no such thing. Kybella is delivered through a series of injections. The other option is liposuction.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

No Fat Reduction Creams; But Double Chins Can Be Dissolved

Unfortunately, there is no cream on the market or in development that can melt fat. If you would like to eliminate your double chin without surgery, however, you have more than one option. The simplest is injections of Kybella (composed of deoxycholic acid) directly into the submental fat. Kybella dissolves the fat permanently. You may need more than one treatment, depending on how large the fat deposit is. The CoolMini applicator from CoolSculpting can accomplish this, too. It also needs multiple treatments. Please consult a board-certified dermatologist to find out which technique will work best to eliminate your double chin.

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella Cannot Be Applied Topically

Kybella is composed of deoxycholic acid, a component of bile, and dissolves fat when it is injected into the submental area. It cannot be applied topically, as it would not be able to reach the fat through the skin. Unfortunately, there are no other products that can dissolve fat through skin. Therefore, it is unlikely that there will ever be a cream or lotion that you can use to eliminate a double chin. However, Kybella is a very fast procedure that can be performed in the office within about 5 minutes. Depending on the amount of fat you have, you may need more than one session. As pointed out by my collagues, you could also look into other methods of eliminating the fat, such as liposuction or CoolMini. Please consult with a board-certified dermatologist to find out how Kybella can help you.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella vs Coolmini vs Liposuction

Fantastic question! Good to know all of your options... and fat reduction cream is not one of them.
There are multiple factors that go into answering this question...
If there is a lot of fat, liposuction is your best bet. This can be done in-office under local anesthesia.
If surgery is not something you are comfortable with, Coolsculpting would be your best bet financially... as long as the Coolsculpting applicator fits and you are okay with more time to see full results (than liposuction). If your jaw is too small or the amount of fat too little, the CoolMini may not fit.
Lastly, if you have a small amount of fat and the CoolMini applicator doesn't fit your face, I would go with Kybella. There is a significant recovery period with Kybella and the product is not cheap. That is why I reserve it for people with a small amount of submental fat.
All three will give you some skin tightening.
My best,
Dr. Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Topical for fat reduction?

No, there is not any type of topical that is able to reduce fat.  Kybella is a great product that is injected to treat submental fat and has little to no downtime. 

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella

Best approach to reduce the fullness  beneath your chin is to consider surgical and non surgical options. Kybella is an FDA approved injectable medication that can be done in the office with little to no downtime. Creams used topically to reduce fat are not available but may change in the future.

Frank J. Ferraro, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Fat reduction creams

I don't know of any fat reduction creams however I do have the Ferulic and Retinol Fortifying Neck Emulsion that just came out. It's a quick-absorbing, collagen enriched emulsion that helps firm and fortify the skin under the chin and jawline to get your neck’s bounce back. We also offer a combination of non- invasive laser treatments to firm and tighten the neck with no pain and no downtime!

Dennis Gross, MD

#FatReductionCreams=SnakeOil

I do not know of any fat reduction creams that work. Save your money for Kybella or other non-surgical options other than topical creams, ointments and oils.