Dietary supplements to alleviate side effects of propecia?

Are there any dietary supplements we can take to alleviate or prevent sexual side effects of propecia?

Side effects of Propecia

There are no known supplements that can improve the side effect profile of finasteride.  Add Viagra if the side effect is an ED problem.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

There are no dietary supplements to alleviate the side effect of a medication. If you have side effects, please

There are no dietary supplements to alleviate the side effect of a medication.  If you have side effects, please discuss this with your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Do any dietary supplements help prevent Propecia side effects?

To date, there no known supplements that reduce the chance of developing side effects. Reducing the dose or how often the pill is used may help.

Propecia Side Effects

There are no dietary supplements that I know of that will alleviate or prevent sexual side effects of Propecia. The truth is that only 10-15% of men that use Propecia will even have these side effects that can also be linked to other medications. Something that I tell all of my patients that have concerns with taking Propecia and the possible side effects is that if you start to feel anything different, just stop taking it! 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Propecia and side effects

The side effects such as sexual and other side effects can not be stopped with dietary supplements. Many times these side effects can be addressed by reducing the dose, for example half of the dose gives 80% of the benefits. Speak with your doctor

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

See an Expert for Options--Hair Loss Treatment and Side Effects

I suggest seeing a hair loss expert to evaluate and go over your condition and provide you information about your best treatment options and answer any questions you have about alleviating side effects. Propecia works will in combination with PRP/progesterone. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer