What is the default level settings for first treatment?

Dear Doctor What is the default setting for first treatment? I got the first treatment and I still have little wet or moist. It still causes odor. I am wondering I should go for second treatment with level 5? Will it help. Thanks.

MiraDry Treatment Level

We use level 5 on all of our treatments.  There is no default setting- the settings have to be selected by the technician.  We tell our patients at the first consultation that they may need 2-3 treatments.  It is normal to need a second treatment especially if you have hyperhidrosis.  I recommend waiting 3 months before your next treatment.  Good Luck!

Default level?

Thanks for this question. We used level 5 on all treatments. MiraDry is safe and effective. I will numb up the area so that you're very comfortable and then we can apply the MiraDry to zap away the sweat glands. Best, Dr. ALDO :)

Aldo Guerra, MD

Highest level for first-time treatment

The miraDry treatment has evolved over time.  We are now able to routinely and safely use the highest setting (level 5) for every patient on the first go-round.  This results in a better treatment effectiveness for the patient.

Level 5

Using the latest model of MiraDry it is possible to use level 5 on the first treatment when tumescent technique is used.  This is the most effective level and can now be used safely.

Barry N. Silberg, MD, FACS
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Default setting with miraDry ?

There is no default setting. The physician sets the level of treatment.In almost every case, I choose Level 5 setting, as it has the highest likelihood of success in treating hyperhidrosis.Hratch L Karamanoukian MD FACS 

MiraDry

In our office, our protocol is to always treat on level 5.  It is normal to expect to have 2 treatments, 3 months apart.  You can expect 80% improvement with decreased sweating and odor and hair reduction at this level.  Hope this helps.  And, yes, you should go back for your second treatment.  Best of luck.  Enjoy.

Grant Stevens, MD

Default setting

Thank you for your question.There is no real default setting as such for the MiraDry procedure. It does depend on the protocols of the individual clinic. A lot of clinics these days carry out first treatments on higher settlings.

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Level for highest treatment on MiraDry

In our office we always treat on level 5, and our patients typically see a minimum of  70% reduction with one treatment. 
Best of luck to you-Be well.#miradry #level #5

Miradry

Thank you for your question. There is no default setting for Miradry. My office typically treats at level 5 for all patients. With this setting we are able to treat both armpit sweating and order.  At the level 5 setting approximately 70% of my patients will have resolution of sweating and odor. The other 30% if they choose would have a second procedure also at level 5, 90 days later.

Johnny Shea-Yuan Chung, MD, FACS
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Miradry

The level varies from 1-5 and the default often depends on the skin type since higher levels can have more side effects.  

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist