What is the default level settings for first treatment?

Dear Doctor What is the default setting for first treatment? I got the first treatment and I still have little wet or moist. It still causes odor. I am wondering I should go for second treatment with level 5? Will it help. Thanks.

Doctor Answers 11

MiraDry Treatment Settings

We treat almost all of our miraDry patients at the maximum treatment setting of 5 (for both their initial treatments as well as their secondary ones). During the consultation appointment, patients are informed that they may require more than one treatment and that they may book their second treatment 3 months after their initial procedure. However, most patients are well satisfied with only one miraDry treatment and do not require additional ones. To make the procedure affordable and show appreciation to our patients, our office offers a significant discount for the secondary miraDry procedure.


Orange County Dermatologic Surgeon

MiraDry Treatment Level

Hello,

We use level 5 on all of our treatments.  There is no default setting- the settings have to be selected by the technician.  We tell our patients at the first consultation that they may need 2-3 treatments.  It is normal to need a second treatment especially if you have hyperhidrosis.  I recommend waiting 3 months before your next treatment.  Good Luck!

Laurie A. Casas, MD, FACS
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 90 reviews

Default level?

Thanks for this question. We used level 5 on all treatments. MiraDry is safe and effective. I will numb up the area so that you're very comfortable and then we can apply the MiraDry to zap away the sweat glands. Best, Dr. ALDO :)

Aldo Guerra, MD
Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 198 reviews

Highest level for first-time treatment

The miraDry treatment has evolved over time.  We are now able to routinely and safely use the highest setting (level 5) for every patient on the first go-round.  This results in a better treatment effectiveness for the patient.

Melissa Chiang, MD, FAAD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

Level 5

Using the latest model of MiraDry it is possible to use level 5 on the first treatment when tumescent technique is used.  This is the most effective level and can now be used safely.

Barry N. Silberg, MD, FACS
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

Default setting with miraDry ?

There is no default setting. The physician sets the level of treatment.In almost every case, I choose Level 5 setting, as it has the highest likelihood of success in treating hyperhidrosis.Hratch L Karamanoukian MD FACS 

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

MiraDry

In our office, our protocol is to always treat on level 5.  It is normal to expect to have 2 treatments, 3 months apart.  You can expect 80% improvement with decreased sweating and odor and hair reduction at this level.  Hope this helps.  And, yes, you should go back for your second treatment.  Best of luck.  Enjoy.

Grant Stevens, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 145 reviews

Default setting

Thank you for your question.There is no real default setting as such for the MiraDry procedure. It does depend on the protocols of the individual clinic. A lot of clinics these days carry out first treatments on higher settlings.

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 72 reviews

Level for highest treatment on MiraDry

In our office we always treat on level 5, and our patients typically see a minimum of  70% reduction with one treatment. 
Best of luck to you-Be well.#miradry #level #5

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS
Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 150 reviews

Miradry

Thank you for your question. There is no default setting for Miradry. My office typically treats at level 5 for all patients. With this setting we are able to treat both armpit sweating and order.  At the level 5 setting approximately 70% of my patients will have resolution of sweating and odor. The other 30% if they choose would have a second procedure also at level 5, 90 days later.

Johnny Shea-Yuan Chung, MD, FACS
Allentown Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 22 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.