Can someone gain weight than see the results after he completed cool sculpting?

Let’s say someone does not change his eating habits after the cool sculpting procedure has been completed on his body can someone gain weight than see the results after he completed his procedure than actually losing the weight? Is this true?

Weight Gain After CoolSculpting

I believe what you are asking is whether a patient who has had CoolSculpting and then gains weight will still be able to see the results of the CoolSculpting procedure. This is a question that is asked often. Essentially, the question involves whether the fat destroyed during the CoolSculpting treatments is gone for good. The answer is yes, but other fat cells elsewhere in the body can still grow, so patients who gain weight may see the results of their procedure compromised. The best candidates for CoolSculpting are patients who are already near their target weight and want to tone specific areas. I hope this answers your question.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Weight gain after CS

You will likely not see any difference from your Coolsculpting procedure if you do not go back down to your treatment weight. You need to first lose the weight, then compare before and after photos.
My best,
Sheila Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Weight gain and Coolsculpting

If you gain weight you negate the good effects of Coolsculpting.  Coolsculpting will not stop you from gaining weight in other areas or the same area treated.  You should continue to diet and exercise for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Coolsculpting Results and Weight Gain

If you gain weight after coolsculpting you can gain it in the similar or nearby areas.  The area is not completely lost of fat.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Weight gain and Cool Sculpting

You can absolutely see the results of Cool Sculpting after you have gained weight.  This is particularly true for abdominal treatments. We have had clients gain 8-10 pounds and they still clearly had coolsculpting affects in the areas treated. With each application approximately 20% of fat cells are killed. So when you gain weight, there is actually just an expansion of the existing fat cells. The best results occur when you have treated the area twice. Of course, I wouldn't recommend gaining weight. It is quite an investment and the best results are seen if you can combine with a weight loss/fitness program. Hope this helps.

Yours in health,

Dr. Arianna

Arianna Sholes-Douglas, MD
Tucson OB/GYN

Weight gain/loss and Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting will not cause any change in your weight after treatment. Weight is a function of calorie intake vs. calorie expenditure. If you gain weight after the procedure you may notice that fat is not as readily deposited in the treated areas because some of those fat cells have been eliminated. Hope this helps! Be well, Dr. M.

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Im not sure exactly what you're asking, but the fat cells that are removed during the coolsculpting treatment are permanent. 

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Seeing CoolSculpting Results After Gaining Weight

Good question. We definitely don't advocate people gaining weight after their CoolSculpting treatment. Those who see the best results are individuals who are at or near their idol body weight with localized pockets of fat and who maintain a healthy diet and an active lifestyle after their treatments. That being said, we have had some individuals who have gained up to 20 lbs after their procedure and have still gotten very good results from the treatment. Hope this answers your question.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon