After Cool sculpting, is the fat is frozen after the applicator is removed from the stomach & flanks section of the body?

Also, after the cool sculpting procedure is completed, and they say the fat is frozen after the applicator is removed from the stomach and flanks section of the body? Some cool sculpting centers say you see results after two short weeks where other centers say it can take up to three months to see the results? Do you know which is more accurate?

After CoolSculpting, is the fat is frozen after the applicator is removed from the stomach & flanks section of the body?

The target fat treated with Coolsculpting is treated at temperatures below freezing 10-11 degrees (check this). The fat cells are sensitive to the cold and then undergo a natural cell death and ultimately are eliminated from the body through the lymphatics.

Results after CS

Coolsculpting is best when performed on an area that has an excess number of fat cells. For example, women say, "When I gain weight, it goes straight to my belly." That means that you were born with more fat cells in your abdominal area. It would be great to perform coolsculpting in that area to reduce the number of fat cells there and make that are more proportional with the rest of your body. Then, if you gain weight, it will be more evenly distributed over your body. It won't just "go straight" to one area.
The fat loss is permanent after Coolsculpting. You typically lose 20-25% of the fat in the area treated, each time you treat it. I have done it to myself and my staff. It is truly effective and has no down time.
Best of Luck,
Sheila Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

CoolSculpting results

The fat cells are already frozen after the CoolSculpting procedure is finished. Following the procedure, the body gradually and naturally eliminates the frozen cells. Generally, some results can be seen in as little as two weeks, but the full results will not be present until after 3 months. How quickly you see results depends on your individual body and metabolism.

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

Results after CoolSculpting

Some patients can see results as early as a month but optimal results takes 3 months. If you're getting a treatment expect within 1-3 months to see your results. I wish you the best!

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Results

Coolsculpting is a fabulous procedure but it takes a minimum of 4 months to see the results.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist for the best results. 

Results after Coolsculpting

Both answers are correct.  You can often see the changes occurring in as little as 2-3 weeks but for the cells to be eliminated and the skin to tighten and change following treatment, your final results may not be evident for up to 3 months. 

Grant Stevens, MD

Coolsculpting Results

Results take 3 months to see after coolsculpting, this is because the fat that is frozen takes time for the body to remove and remodel that skin in that area.  Best, Dr. emer.

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
It takes 2-3 months to see final results
You will start to notice a different around 3 weeks

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

When Do You See Results After CoolSculpting?

Once the treatment is complete the fat cells have been killed. Over the next few months your body's immune cells start eliminating the dead fat cells from your body. In ideal situations you can start seeing results in as little as 3-4 weeks. The treatment continues to work for about 3 months, so you can continue to see improvement up to 3 months after your treatment. 

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon