Where the cool sculpting applicator was placed on the body?

After a cool sculpting procedure people tell me they were beach ready after a few days, but after the procedure they were all red through most of their body, or where the cool sculpting applicator was placed on the body? I want to ask what side effects or downtime can there be after the cool sculpting procedure is completed and the applicator gets removed from the body?

CoolSculpting downtime

Results from CoolSculpting will generally not be seen just a few days after the procedure; it most often takes a few weeks to see results, and 3 months for full results. There is no real downtime after CoolSculpting; most people can resume their daily activities immediately after having the procedure done. Side effects include redness, swelling, numbness, or bruising that may last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.

San Diego Dermatologist

Post CoolSculpting

There is little downtime from the actual applicator placement. You may have some superficial bruising and redness but it will typically dissipate in 2-4 days. There are certain areas (like the abdomen) that have more discomfort when being treated. The bra fat area is typically painless. The love-handle area burns when the applicator is taken off but has no discomfort thereafter.

Best of Luck,
Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Expectations after CoolSculpting

After a CoolSculpting treatment, expect you see some redness or bruising from the area. This can last a couple days but will eventually go away. Tenderness in the area is also expected. Results can be seen as earliest as one month and optimally three months.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Beach Body After Coolsculpting

The main side effect from Coolsculpting is redness or swelling or bruising depending on the location and sensitivity of your skin.  I wold definitely consider waiting at least a week before a trip or beach vacation.  Best, Dr. Green

Beach Ready after CoolSculpting

Following a CoolSculpting treatment, you may have bruising or mild redness where the applicators were placed.  The bruising can last up to two weeks, so we always prepare our patients if they are planning to be in a bikini.  Patients may experience mild cramping, swelling, or numbness in the treated areas.  However, this does not interfere with daily activities.  We routinely have patients go to the beach in the days following treatment.  Just keep in mind you may have bruising where the applicators were placed, so plan accordingly.

In terms of being beach ready from your results, it takes up to 4 months to see final results.  

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Results

It takes 3 months to see the results of coolsculpting and you can have bruising, redness and swelling for many weeks after the treatment.  The treatment is completed after the applicator is removed and following this, massage and/or z-wave should be performed.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Down Time

Within my practice I have seen patients have some redness right after the treatment or even very superficial bruising from the suction. With it being superficial, it doesn't stick around too long. The areas treated are tender in most, but you are able to resume your normal activities depending on your comfort level. 

I also like to tell my patients to take it easy at the gym for the first 1-2 days after the procedure as an extra precaution. 

Like the previous answer, you won't be "beach ready" that day or within the next few days. It takes 2-3 months for the 20-25% fat cell reduction  that made it into the CoolSculpting cup results to show. 

If you have further questions and would like to know if you are a good candidate, call your local BSPS and schedule a consultation. 

J. Dayne Petersen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
It takes 2-3 months to see final results. Not a few days.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz