Will your Butt be BIG or have a visible future when coming out of BBL and Lipo Surgery? (photos)

Just had back, Ab, and Sides Lipo with BBL 6 days ago. After sugery BBL wasn't what was expected felt like I came out with the same Butt it was not a WOW moment. Lipo of course has me swollen on the back but I should be able to see the perspective BBL right? I was told once my back fluid decrease I will see this amazing definition in my butt. I've been treating the bbl w/care & still no BBL in site. I was told to wait 3 to 4 months for final results but will a BUTT magically appear then? HELP!!

Will your Butt be BIG or have a visible future when coming out of BBL and Lipo Surgery?

It is hard to give you great advice without seeing more photos (before/after). Your butt/hips are the biggest they will be immediately after surgery. With time the butt and or hips will shrink some. It is true that the butt looks bigger when the waist is smaller (ie. when the swelling goes down), but it is the contrast that makes it that way. If you really want the typical look of a BBL - large heart shaped buttocks, you might need a revision as I agree from the few photos, your butt doesn't look that big. 

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.... You're still very soon from your surgery, and you still have the first stage garment, when you change it you will start to see some changes on your buttocks, try to use some compression on the top, the swollen will go away sooner if you push it too..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

BBL - When can I expect results?

I would recommend that you continue following up with your surgeon and give yourself some time for the swelling to subside before judging final results. It is difficult to tell from your pictures since you do not have an preop pictures. Usually most of the buttock swelling is seen immediately after the operation. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery #beverlyhills

Sejal M. Patel, MD

Thank you for your question and photos. These are taken at a poor angle and with clothes on, so it is difficult to comment. Also you did not provide any before photos. You would need to re-post with before and after back, side and 3/4 views so meaningful comments can be made. A BBL is as much a subtraction (abdomen, back, waist, hips) as an addition (fat grafts to buttocks) operation to achieve the optimum result. Failure can happen in either or both these steps. The best WOW moment is on the operating room table. If it is not there then, it will not magically appear later on when the swelling goes away. With all that said, you need to wait 4-6 months to see if you like what you see. If not, talk to your surgeon or seek a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in advanced body sculpting techniques. Good luck with your healing.

Early results after BBL

Hard to fully answer your question without knowing how much liposuction was performed, how much fat was transferred to your buttocks and what your pre-op photos show.  Having said that you typically should be able to see a noticeable difference immediately after your BBL.  The results will continue to improve with time as the swelling resolves.  It is important to follow your surgeon's instructions for post-op care to maximize your results.

Jeff T. Healy, MD
Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon