Is this much bruising normal 5 days after my breast augmentation surgery? Or it is more serious? (Photo)

I'm 5'2 122 pounds. I went from a full b to 375 CCs high profile silicone implants. I'm only 5 days out of surgery I feel little pain mainly soreness, stiffness and often they feel numb. My main concern is the bruise I have only on the left breast where the incision was made,no bruising on the right. Am I over reacting or should I contact my PS asap? Thank you in advance!

Is this much bruising normal 5 days after my breast augmentation surgery? Or it is more serious?

This amount of bruising after surgery is not uncommon and should resolve with time (as bruises normally do). It is always recommended you address your questions to your plastic surgeon.

Bruising after augmentation mammaplasty

1. the pictures are not very helpful.  If you have relatively extreme hardness,pain and swelling, the more  likely it is to be a hematoma in need of drainage.  the operating surgeon would need to see and advise you concerning this issue.

William Jervis, Jr., MD
Pleasanton Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation healing

This is a bit more bruising than normally seen, but that might be all it is. If any question or if there is a difference in the two sides contact your surgeon.

Bruising Five Days After Breast Augmentation - Is This Normal?

Dependent bruising (bruising at the bottom of a breast), especially with a crease incision such as you had, is unfortunately common.  This bruising may be normal or it could indicate a collection of blood (hematoma) which would need to be drained. 

Your question as to whether you are having a complication or not can only be answered by a face to face evaluation.  At this point, you need to contact your plastic surgeon and have he or she decide whether this is normal bruising or not.

Bruising

Thank you for the photo and the real question is the left side more swollen then the right.  If it is you may have a hematoma that should be drained

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Bruising

You do have a bit more bruising than normal, but it's not something you should be too concerned about.  I would contact your surgeon and he will make sure everything is ok. 

Best wishes for your recovery!

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Is extensive bruising normal 5 days after breast augmentation?

I agree that you have a significant amount of bruising and you should see your plastic surgeon as soon as possible to rule out a hematoma.  Usual signs of hematoma include not only bruising but swelling of the breast more than on the other side and a pressure pain.  Please see your plastic surgeon.

Is this much bruising normal 5 days after my breast augmentation surgery?

Without comparing to the other breast it's difficult to comment accurately. 5 days is very early in the healing process. I would see your PS as soon as possible.

That looks like fairly normal bruising, especially if you have bruising on the other side as well.  If the breasts are different sizes (one much larger), then the worry is that there was bleeding after surgery creating a hematoma.  Good luck.