Breast lift or what do you recommend for me? (photo)

Recommendations for Breast Lift

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Breast Implants and Lift

You necessarily require breast augmentation with implants and lift, because for your weight loss and breastfeeding you had a reabsorption of almost all of the mammary gland which is what gives strength to the breasts and currently only has elastic fibers and a bit of mammary fat with little gland, excessively much excess skin with abundant stretch marks. Therefore your only option is breast implants and lifting.

Kenneth Schimensky, MD

Breast Lift, Breast Augmentation or Both?

If you are happy with the size of your breasts in a non-padded bra, then a breast lift alone may be enough. If you desire more upper pole fullness or larger breasts, then a breast implant will help. There is no substitute for an in-person consultation, but from your pictures it appears that your nipple is low enough that a breast lift will ne needed, even if a breast implant is used. More information is available via the link below -->

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift or what do you recommend for me?

Congratulations on your successful weight loss. Many patients who have experienced weight loss do miss their breast size and wish to improve breast positioning. Based on your history and photographs, you will likely benefit from breast lifting plus/minus breast augmentation surgery also.

Best to seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate lots of experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Communicate your goals carefully. Working together you will come up with a good plan to achieve an outcome that you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link, dedicated to patients who have experienced significant weight loss, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

A Breast lift would help improved from the sagging with or without Implant for more volume to the breast. 

What are the basic tips to know if I need a breast augmentation or breast lift? It all depends on the position of the nipple on the breast. The further down the nipple is in relation to the fold the more the chances are the patient needs a lift.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for sharing your photos. 

It seems you are a good candidate for having a breast augmentation. 

Photo evaluations are not always accurate but you definitely need to go ahead with implants. 

Talk about your options with a certified plastic surgeon and together you will have the best decision 

Good Luck!

Rafael Lluberes Freites, MD

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast Augmentation - Need a lift?

Thank you for your question and photos. It looks like a lift will be required in addition to placement of breast implants. I do not think you will achieve a satisfactory result with either augmentation or a lift alone. It is best to have an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic breast surgery. Ask to see a lot of before and after photos of their work. Hope this helps and good luck!

If you are happy with your breast volume, then a breast lift should give you a nice result.  Implants add volume while breast lift surgery reshapes the breast for a pleasing cosmetic result.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

To determine if a lift is needed

you need to be examined in a sitting, upright position.  Its usually quite clear that you will benefit from one.  If you're thinking of going larger with implants, they help 'elevate' the nipple a little so sometimes with  mild cases of ptosis, augmentation alone is good enough.  You should invest in a consultation and let your surgeon help you decide what benefits you will get from the different procedures and what will be needed to reach your goals.

Curtis Wong, MD