Does it appear I would need a breast lift or should I opt for a large size plant to fill in breast? (photos)

I am not sure if I would be a good candidate for ba alone. Do my breast appear they would look on with just a ba?

Breast Augmentation

Hi Breezy,
Please put an index card in your breast fold. If your nipple is at the edge of the card or below, then you would be a candidate for a lift, either a vertical or anchor or areolar incision. If your nipple is above the edge, you could be a candidate for an internal lift called the dual plane. The video below explains the dual plane internal lift. I also attached an article from a peer-reviewed journal to give you an even better idea. I believe the dual plane and implants alone will do it for you, and that you will not need a lift. Be sure to seek a consultation with a BC PS to be sure. All the best, “Dr. Joe”

Breast Lift or Bigger Breast Implants?

This has been a common question lately. In general breast implant  enlarge whatever shape you have. If the nipple is a little low, a breast implant may help. If you have true breast ptosis (sagging) a breast lift is needed to improve the breast shape. Less sagging requires smaller lifts. I recently posted an article about this on my blog. It is illustrated with before and after pictures. I've included a link below. I hope this helps answer your question.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank your question.  Based on your submitted photos a true determination of whether a breast lift with implants would be the most beneficial procedure for you cannot be made.  In order to make a better determination, we would need to see a photo with side view in order to see the amount of ptosis present and where your nipple is in relation to the inframammary fold.  The best advice would be to schedule a consulation with aboard certified plastic surgeon to be further evaluatted.  At that time you would be able to dicsuss your options, address your concerns and goals, then work together to create the surgical plan that will help you to achieve your overall desired look.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Breast lift or implants alone

Hi and thanks for your question and posted photo. It is very important to understand that implants don´t lift and by the contrary, weight is going to make them go lower, a lift is necessary to get a nice result in your particular case. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. Milla

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Does it appear I would need a breast lift or should I opt for a large size plant to fill in breast?

Dear Breezy Yellow

From the photograph, Based on your nipple position with your arms raised, you would benefit from a breast lift at the time of augmentation. Sometimes you might choose a suboptimal result in order to avoid scars. In order to better understand that, you need to be examined for tissue laxity. Sometimes, if you have good skin tone, a dual plane augmentation with a larger implant might be a happy medium. 
Look for an expereinced and well trained Plastic surgeon, see more than one consult and make a well informed decision.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and augmentation.

The need for a breast lift with breast augmentation depends on a number of factors. If you have severe drooping of the breasts and do not want to have very large breast implants then the only option is a breast lift to position the breast properly on top of the implant. If you are willing to go large enough then you will not need a breast lift.The way to decide is to do implant sizing before the surgery. What I do in my office is try different sizing implants in a bra to determine what your optimal breast implant size is. People are able to tell what size implant they would like to have quite accurately using this technique. Once we know what size implant you are willing to go up to then the surgeon can decide based on his or her experience whether a breast lift is necessary or not. Sometimes it is only possible to tell once the surgery is done and this can be done at a later stage or at the time of surgery if that is the arrangement that you make with your surgeon. Another option is to place the breast implants slightly lower at the time of surgery so as to avoid the "double bubble" effect of having breast drooping. In this way you can tolerate some drooping the breast and still have your breast augmentation with a good result.You will need to discuss this with your plastic surgeon.

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

It is difficult to assess exactly what you will need from a single photo, however in your photo, both breasts appear to have ptosis with the nipple being at the most inferior portion of the breast below the crease. If this is confirmed during a thorough examination, it is likely that you will need a lift in conjunction with your augmentation to bring your breast and nipple into a more youthful position and to add more volume, particularly to the top part of the chest. Best of luck!

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

You appear to have enough breast overhang (even with your arms elevated!) and a low enough nipple position to need a breast lift. If the nipple is too low, it will point even more downward after a breast augmentation than it did before (since it is so low below the "equator" of the implant, whose bottom edge is at the crease under your breast). And if the breast overhang is more than a centimeter or two, the bottom of your breast will hang loosely off the implant.

The single photo does not give us a true picture of your breast contour as raised arms artificially raise the breast. But you definitely need a lift as even with your breast artificially raised by your posture, the breasts are so low an augment alone would fail to give you aesthetic results. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Lift

I think you would benefit from both a breast lift and a breast augmentation.  An augmentation alone will leave you with a "snoopy" deformity; your nipple will still be too low on your breast mound.  Take care!

Timothy A Janiga MD, FACS