Which breast lift is better for me? (photos)

I'm 32 years old have three children all breast fed. I went to two plastic surgeons one recommended anchor "full" lift with implants and the other told me that I need periariolar "donut or benelli lift" with implants. I would love to avoid the big scar on the anchor however I dont want to be left with unsatisfied job. I'm looking to accomplish a perkier breast. I also have asymmetrically nipples since I ever remember. I'm a petite 5.2 in and 106 lb very active. Thanks in advance

What Kind of Breast Lift is Best for Me?

A periareolar lift on the right would work well with an implant. On the left there might be excessive puckering and a vertical technique may be needed. Another option that is not widely available is the Horndeski technique that uses your own tissue to auto augment the breast and the upper pole. The scar is in the crease and around the areola only, and implants are not needed if your cup size in a bra are satisfactory.

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Which breast lift is better for me?

I disagree with both your consultants. You absolutely do not need an anchor lift given the small size of your breasts. I dislike the donut procedure as it provides underwhelming lift and frequently produces poor scars, distorted areolas and flat breasts. I would recommend smooth, round silicone gel implants placed under the muscle combined with a vertical, or lollipop lift. The vertical mastopexy provides powerful lift and cones the breast to narrow it and improve shape and projection. This is a challenging procedure, and you need to find an aesthetic plastic surgeon with extensive experience in breast surgery. All the best.

Breast lift considerations #plasticsurgery

I generally advocate for 'vertical' breast lift technique for most patients - I've found this scar pattern (lollipop pattern) to be acceptable for most patients. The technique creates more projection and improved shaping. It can be combined with a breast implant.

So many choices...

For those advocating an anchor lift, I would ask them WHY they felt it was superior to a lollipop lift.  From your photos, you can get by without a lift on the smaller, less hanging side.  And if you were okay with that, I would only recommend a lift on the more droopy side with the goal even sized breasts and level nipples.  And I would use a lollipop as the Benelli is limited to very few situations at is flattens projection and the scarring can be impressive if the wrong suture is used or the suture fails in any way.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast lift with implants. What type?

From your photos alone I would be thinking of a full mastopexy on the more droopy side and a Benelli lift on the smaller higher side combined with implants.  Be careful to choose implants that are not overly large and understand that perfect symmetry is a good goal in surgery but probably not achievable.  I think the potential for a dramatic improvement for you is quite good.Enjoy and please watch the video above for additional information of value.  Regards,
Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast augmentation and lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 550ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Which breast lift is better for me?

The determining factor in deciding between an anchor and a periareolar breast lift is how far the nipple needs to be elevated and how much the breast is overhanging. (Also note that a periareolar lift without implants usually does not offer much of a lift or a not very good result.) Although it is difficult to tell from your photo where your higher right nipple is in relation to your inframammary crease, if not more than a couple of centimeters of elevation is needed and both your breasts were like that one, then a periareolar lift might be a decent choice. (And if there was little overhang of either breast and your nipples were at or above the level of the crease, you would not need a lift at all.) However, it is obvious that your lower left breast needs much more elevation than that just to come up to the level of the right nipple, let alone any higher. A periareolar lift on that side would lead to an unsatisfactory result, with visible skin gathering that may lead to a "starburst" pattern of scarring, poor control of the size and shape of the areolar with unpredictable stretching, and a flattened contour of the breast where reshaping and projection is most needed. You would achieve a much better result from an anchor lift.

Which breast lift is better for me?

Because your breasts are so asymmetric, I believe that you would best benefit from a lollipop lift to the smaller breast, the larger breast may do OK with lollipop, but you may be better with Weiss or keyhole pattern mastopexy on the larger more ptotic breast.  I think it would be a total mistake to do the donut scar on either breast as you will get flatter breasts and the larger more droopy breast would have a much larger diameter than the smaller breast.  I agree that if both breasts looked like the smaller breast, then you wouldn't need a lift at all.  Good luck! 

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Which breast lift is better for me

The peri-areolar 'lift' will tend to flatten out your breast projection. I think a lollipop incision will yield better eventual  breast shape and better nipple/areoal location.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast Lift with Implants

Hello, thanks so much for sending your pictures and for your inquiry. I would say that you would benefit from an anchor or lollipop lift with implants, you need to get rid of the saggy skin horizontal and vertically. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon