How much is a Brazilian butt lift? Is it safe? How long does recovery take?

When the procedure is done how can the patient get an infection can it be bad to the point it's death threatening, since I'll be flying from cali will I have to stay at a hospital hotel and what's the cost for that . after years of surgery will the bbl go away??

How much is a Brazilian Butt lift?

Cost factors vary significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:

1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctor’s office? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA.

2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?            3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery           4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc. Will other complementary procedures also be also performed during the same surgery?

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The majority of my patients return to work within two weeks.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Costs, infections and traveling for surgery

The best source to find out about the price of cosmetic surgery is using RealSelf. If you click on the procedure there's a tab that says cost.

This will bring up actual prices people have paid all around the country.

Infections happen when certain types of bacteria get inside the body.

Usually it's the patient's own skin bacteria that gets inside the body during the procedure.

Even though many measures are taken to minimize the chance of infections they do happen.

At worst infections can be life-threatening and leave massive disfigurements.

The chance of infection from a BBL is probably around 1%.

Most infections are fairly minor and can be treated with anabiotic's or a small secondary procedure.

Well done Brazilian on a patient who is a good candidate will have lifetime benefits.

I think I will leave it up to you to figure out what hotel costs are.

Overnight stays in hospitals are usually not needed for a BBL.

As a general rule I highly recommend not traveling long-distance is for cosmetic surgery.

The number of patients who have problems and need revisions are higher than people would like to think.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... Like each  plastic surgery, each procedure has it's own risks, depending of course in what's the procedure. Here at the DR is between us 3700 and the recovery is fast, you can feel good from 1 throught 2 weeks...

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD