Am I "bottoming out"? (photos)

I am 5 and a half months post-op. I had a full lift with 350 mod+ silicone implants. I started noticing asymmetry a while ago. However, a few weeks ago I noticed my right nipple seems to be pointing up and now I feel like I'm developing a double bubble. I also my left breast has more upper pole fullness. Am I bottoming out? If so, what can be done to fix it? I am out of he country for a few months so I cannot see my PS in person. Just looking for some opinions so I can stop worrying. Thanks!

How to tell if you're bottoming out?

Use your scar under your breast as a 'barometer' and if the distance between the scar and the fold is increasing, its likely because you are bottoming out.  This can be confirmed with the nipple - fold distance as that also lengthens with bottoming out.  Best you can do is to wear supportive bras and follow your numbers.  Otherwise your photos show excellent and aesthetically appealing results.

Breast Implant Revision

Sorry to hear you are worried about your breast augmentation lift. It is one of the most complicated breast procedures performed. Revisions are sometimes needed for both breast augmentation and breast lifts.  The combination multiplies the difficulty, so it is not unusual for a revision. Mastopexy augmentation requires attention to size, shape, location and preexisting asymmetry of the breasts. Since it is the combination of two different procedure, compromise of each procedure is required to get the best result. 
Unfortunately, it is not possible to give you an educated answer without additional information, and an in-person consultation is needed to define the problem. Only after the issues are sorted, can a plan be made. Additionally, the pictures you have supplied are not adequate for comparison. When evaluating asymmetry, the best view is straight on from the front.
In order to answer, before and after pictures would be helpful to see what improvement has already been made, and to see any preexisting issues. You plastic surgeon has been with you through the process, and already has this information, so they are a good resource. If you want a second opinion for this more complicated procedure, you will need to see another board certified plastic surgeon in person. Wish I had something more specific to offer.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Am I bottoming out?

Breasts are not bottoming out. Doing a mastopexy (lift) and breast augmentation is one of the hardest procedures we do. Because you are adjusting three parameters at the same time. The body always relaxes a little so the upper pole fullness which patients loves relaxes. Your scars are excellent and the size is also very good. As I tell my patients, what goes up comes down, so with time, you can always retighten the incisions. Enjoy your breasts.

Alan B. Pillersdorf, MD

Am I "bottoming out"?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast surgery; unfortunately, it is very difficult to interpret the photographs posted. If breast implant displacement is present, it is likely minimally so at this point. The use of a supportive bra may be helpful.  You may wish to send frontal/slide view photographs to your plastic surgeon for better assessment/advice. Best wishes.

Am I bottoming out?

Thanks for your question and photographs. Unfortunately, from the angles that you have taken and without a comparative preoperative photograph it's hard to say if there's any downward displacement of either implant. At this point, if there is any bottoming out it's very early and will not require immediate surgical intervention. A supportive underwire bra may help hold everything in check until you can see your plastic surgeon. Hope that's helpful.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS