Botox on the forehead. Any suggestions?

What would be an average fee for forehead botox and how long does it last? Can you continue to have botox long term?

BOTOX Is Ideal for Forehead

You've asked some good questions. BOTOX helps soften horizontal forehead wrinkles by temporarily relaxing the facial muscles that create them. When administered by an expert injector, the results look natural. The cost of a BOTOX treatment varies depending on the number of units injected. In our area (Eastern Idaho), the cost usually ranges from $10 to $15 per unit. The results of BOTOX injections usually take about 4 days to begin appearing and normally last between 3 or 4 months. Periodic injections are recommended to maintain the results, and many patients continue getting BOTOX treatments for years. Hope this answers your questions!

Spokane General Surgeon

BOTOX Is Great for Forehead Wrinkles

BOTOX minimizes horizontal forehead wrinkles by temporarily immobilizing the muscles used when we change expressions. The key in creating results that appear natural (rather than the dreaded "frozen" look) is to choose an experienced injector with the expertise to know precisely where and how much BOTOX is needed to produce the optimal results. That is done on a case-by-case basis, so it is difficult to say what the average cost of a treatment would be. BOTOX is typically priced by the unit, usually between $13 and $16. The results of BOTOX injections generally last about 4 months. Subsequent treatments can extend the effects for a longer period. Many of our patients have been happy users for years, and claim to even have preventative results!

Suzanne Bruce, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox For Forehead Wrinkles

Botox works by temporarily weakening the muscles. This effect lasts about 3-4 months. This should be done in the hands of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist with expertise.

#botox#drrodrohrich#plasticsurgery

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Botox

Thanks for your question. Botox is a temporary neuroparalytic that is used to eliminate wrinkles in the periorbital and forehead area. Its also works well for softening the 11s (corrugated muscle). Fillers are used to add volume to the face and also deal with dipper folds and lines such as the smile lines and marionette lines. In addition filler can be used for filling the tear trough deformity and adding volume to the cheeks and lips. Please consult with your plastic surgeon to review the best options available for you.
Good Luck.

Ali Sadeghi, MD, FACS
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Botox in forhead

Most injectors will use a "standard" dose per site which is 20 units for Botox and 50 for Dysport. The cost can vary from 200-250 dollars per dose and will last approximately 3 months but can last longer with repeated use and gradual weakening of the muscles.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead Wrinkles and Crows -- Botox, Lasers, Fillers, Needling

Botox lasts 2-4 months depend on the dose and the persons individual response.  I suggest seeing an expert for combination therapy you'll get a better outcome.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox in the forehead

The dosage amount varies greatly in the forehead area. It depends on muscle strength, desired movement, injector technique etc. the average I start my patients is 6-12 units then adjust accordingly. Botox usually costs $10-$15 per unit. It lasts 3-4 months in most cases. Always make sure you are consulting with an experience injector. 

Botox

Thank you for your question in regards to Botox.
The number of units used to inject determine on the area and how strong those muscles appear. Pricing is typically per unit and 8-30 units are commonly injected depending on the specific area. Botox will last 3-4 months and repeat treatments are required for prevention and maintenance. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox for the Forehead

Hello, thanks for your question. I included an article I wrote on this topic below. In addition to this, you can also read my three part series on treated the forehead and upper eyelids. You may get some good insight into treatment options. 

Dr James P. Bonaparte

James Bonaparte, MD, MSc, FRCSC
Ottawa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox on the Forehead

The amount of Botox and the price varies based on both the amount of Botox needed and the experience of the physician injecting.  Most patients require Botox every four to six months for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green