Botox to enhance cheek bones without losing square jawline? (Photo)

I am male and have a strong jawline and cheek bones. I would like to enhance my cheekbones for a slightly contoured bony appearance from the front view (without augmentation). The Masseter muscle seems to to be too full, smothering my cheek bones so they are not very visible. Is it possible to get botox in the Masseter muscle just to enhance the cheek bones without narrowing my jawline? I like my jawline as it is. Photo included to better describe what I'm talking about. Thanks.

Jawline Contouring -- Fillers, Sculptra, Fat, Implants, VASER Hi Def Lipo, Botox

This is the bread and butter of my practice. I have over 50% males and we do jawline and facial contouring all the time.  I suggest you get a formal evaluation to determine what is best.  Botox can be used for jawline slimming and fillers for cheek/temple contouring.  Dr. Emer.

Cheek enhancing

What I see on your posted photo is a cheek with more volume and projection, the Botox in the masseter muscle will not provide you that type of enhancement. It will be better and more efficient to get a filler like Juvederm Voluma on the cheeks to have more projection there without chancing the jawline. You may need about 1cc for each cheek, with long lasting results, up to 18 months.

Perfect candidate for a upper Y lift

I think it would be difficult to get the effect your looking for with Botox. Although the masseter can be shrunk, doing it evenly and in the exact area you want is like trying to melt ice evenly with warm water. 
I think you would achieve the look you want with hyalouronic acid filler placed in the lower lateral cheek done in the manner of the Y lift.  Check out Ylift.com
It would last 2 years or more and could be reversed if you disliked the look. Botox can't be reversed and I would be concerned about atrophy near the edge of the masseter rather than in the muscle belly as is traditionally done. 

Lee P. Laris, DO
Phoenix Dermatologist

Can work

Small amounts of Botox into the upper masseter muscle can reduce the size and appearance of the muscle in that area.

Enhancing Cheekbones

Rather than injecting the masseter muscle, you should have Voluma placed in the mid-face area.  Voluma will give you the lift that you want.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Volumizing Fillers Can Nonsurgically Help To Contour And Shape More Masculine Cheeks

I would suggest volumizing the region you point out in the photo with a volumizing filler, such as Voluma XC. If necessary (and I don't think it would be), afterward, a small amount of Botox may be used to thin the masseter and thereby add the cheek projection and bony appearance you are seeking.

Be sure to seek consultation with a board certified aesthetic physician with special expertise and expertise in treating the male face. Be sure to ask to see his/her before and after photos before proceeding.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Volume filler above the masseters

I agree that you don't need masseter reduction as it gives you nice features. Volume filler in the area you have pointed to will help you achieve the look you are seeking.

Best
Dr. Karamanoukian