Can Botox help me with my droopy eyelid? (Photo)

Can botax help with my droopy eyelid my left one is more droopy then my right one .. I don't want to have eyelid surgery

Doctor Answers 12

Sagging upper eyelid skin

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Botox will not help with your issue of sagging skin of your upper eyelids. I think the issue of sagging skin on both upper lids is more of an issue than any asymmetry.
The only real options are living as it is or having upper eyelid blepharoplasties which is a relatively easy procedure to undergo. If your general health is good, it can be done in the office under local anesthesia possibly with a little sedation.

Can Botox help me with my droopy eyelid?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Botox works to relax muscles. It can be used to inject into the crow's feet (wrinkles around the eye), and relaxing the underlying muscle will help elevate the eyebrows. However, your brows appear to be in good position. You do have some excess upper eyelid skin. If this truly bothers you then and upper lid blepharoplasty is your best option.

Botox for droopy eyelids

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for the question.  From your pics botox would not be helpful but an upper eyelid surgery maybe beneficial.  Best of luck. 

You might also like...

Botox and Eyelid

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Botox does not help with eyelid dropping, but can instead can make it worse. I suggest seeking an expert in botox injections or eyelid rejuvenation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 202 reviews

Can Botox help me with my droopy eyelid?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I can understand not wanting to have surgery but I do not think Botox will help you achieve a more symmetrical appearance from one to the other

Botox and droopy eyelids

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for your question. From the photos, I think an upper blepharoplasty would be the right option for you. Botox will not help with the droopy eyelids.

Begin with a board certified plastic surgeon and visit several offices

2. Seek a surgeon who does at least 100 of these procedures per year

3. Internet discussions do not replace the advice of your physician

Can botox help my droopy eyelids

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Botox can elevate the outer corners of the brow by allowing unopposed pull of the main forehead muscle, the frontalis. It will not correct excessive upper eyelid skin. A blepharoplasty is your best option. 

Botox does help some droopy eyelids but not yours.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
From your photos, I doubt if botox will help you at all since your eyebrows are already elevated. You really need upper blephs which is easy to undergo and is done under local for roughly $3000-3500.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 46 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello Soli25, 

Thank you for your question.

Without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of any further treatments it is difficult to be comprehensive.

Based on your photos your primary finding and concern is related to excess upper eyelid skin.  Botox works at the level of the muscle to help weaken the muscle and eliminate wrinkles that result from the muscle contracting. 

I don't believe Botox can help the eyelid changes you are showing in your photos.  Botox can sometimes gain a patient minimal amount of brow elevation, but not enough in your case to make a difference in the eyelid.

I would seek out a facial plastic surgeon to discuss your treatment options.

Best of luck, 


Scott Shadfar, MD
Edmond Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The best way to determine what is best for you is to see a physician in person. You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options.


These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.