Can Botox help me with my droopy eyelid? (Photo)

Can botax help with my droopy eyelid my left one is more droopy then my right one .. I don't want to have eyelid surgery

Sagging upper eyelid skin

Botox will not help with your issue of sagging skin of your upper eyelids. I think the issue of sagging skin on both upper lids is more of an issue than any asymmetry.
The only real options are living as it is or having upper eyelid blepharoplasties which is a relatively easy procedure to undergo. If your general health is good, it can be done in the office under local anesthesia possibly with a little sedation.

Can Botox help me with my droopy eyelid?

Botox works to relax muscles. It can be used to inject into the crow's feet (wrinkles around the eye), and relaxing the underlying muscle will help elevate the eyebrows. However, your brows appear to be in good position. You do have some excess upper eyelid skin. If this truly bothers you then and upper lid blepharoplasty is your best option.

Botox for droopy eyelids

Thank you for the question.  From your pics botox would not be helpful but an upper eyelid surgery maybe beneficial.  Best of luck. 

Botox and Eyelid

Botox does not help with eyelid dropping, but can instead can make it worse. I suggest seeking an expert in botox injections or eyelid rejuvenation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

I can understand not wanting to have surgery but I do not think Botox will help you achieve a more symmetrical appearance from one to the other

Julio Garcia, MD

Botox and droopy eyelids

Thanks for your question. From the photos, I think an upper blepharoplasty would be the right option for you. Botox will not help with the droopy eyelids.

Begin with a board certified plastic surgeon and visit several offices

2. Seek a surgeon who does at least 100 of these procedures per year

3. Internet discussions do not replace the advice of your physician

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Can botox help my droopy eyelids

Botox can elevate the outer corners of the brow by allowing unopposed pull of the main forehead muscle, the frontalis. It will not correct excessive upper eyelid skin. A blepharoplasty is your best option. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox does help some droopy eyelids but not yours.

From your photos, I doubt if botox will help you at all since your eyebrows are already elevated. You really need upper blephs which is easy to undergo and is done under local for roughly $3000-3500.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Hello Soli25, 

Without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of any further treatments it is difficult to be comprehensive.

Based on your photos your primary finding and concern is related to excess upper eyelid skin.  Botox works at the level of the muscle to help weaken the muscle and eliminate wrinkles that result from the muscle contracting. 

I don't believe Botox can help the eyelid changes you are showing in your photos.  Botox can sometimes gain a patient minimal amount of brow elevation, but not enough in your case to make a difference in the eyelid.

I would seek out a facial plastic surgeon to discuss your treatment options.

Scott Shadfar, MD
Edmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

The best way to determine what is best for you is to see a physician in person. You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)