Can a BBL be part of a Mommy Makeover? (Photos)

I am 38yo, 5'8", 225lbs, 44 B cup size, and have had 5 children. My overall wish list would be a BBL, liposuction of the whole abdominal area and flanks, and breast augmentation. Is it possible to have all procedures done at one time? Also, based on my pics would I need a breast lift or could I get away with a large implant?

Can a BBL be part of a Mommy Makeover?

In a healthy patient, all of these procedures can be performed at the same time.  

You can combine the procedures but recovery will be more demanding than a single procedure. Seek a plastic surgeon that performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Adding a Brazilian Butt Lift to a Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.    

Many procedures can be combined. Cosmetic procedures such as Brazilian Butt Lift (#BBL), Thigh Lift (#TL) and Mommy Makeover (#MMO), which usually concentrates on the breast and abdomen areas, may be combined together. However, I look at the risk factors such as surgery time greater than 6 hours, or #anesthesia time, increased risks of DVT, prolonged  #healing, #positioning after surgery to name a few, which are a lot to consider. These factors are relative to performing any variety of combinations.   

Can a BBL be part of a Mommy Makeover?

It appears to me that you could have a bilateral breast lift, areolar reduction, with or without augmentation. Liposuction of the abdomen and flank area could be liposuctioned at the same time.

Fred Suess, MD

BBL and breast surgery

You can combine a BBL procedure with a breast procedure (in your case a breast lift) however during the recovery you would need to be primarily on your side (no stomach or back sleeping). Consult with a few plastic surgeons in person to see if you are a good candidate for this type of combination surgery.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Including a BBL as part of mommy makeover

Yes, a BBL can be part of a mommy makeover but it may pose some positioning / mobility challenges after surgery while you recover if you undergo other procedures.  Keep in mind, that you should keep pressure off your buttocks for 2 weeks after surgery.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Dr. Derby Sang

Thank you for your question and your photos.

This procedures could be done all at once(knowing that you will have a long and difficult recuperation) , But, in case of i would recommend to divide the procedures you wanna have done in to two phases, 1: tummy tuck, lipo and bbl. 2: Breast augmentation and in case your would like a bigger shape add implants. I suggest you to consult a  board certified PS and go over your concerns. 

Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Multiple procedures

I would recommend a breast lift, BBL with abdominoplasty.  I recommend doing this with two surgeons to limit operative time.  

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Abdomen flanks post-pregnancy

The term mommy make over is not a medical term that describe a one procedure, rather is a popular name the describe a number of procedures that intent to correct deformities left after gravity and delivery.  The but argumentation can be a part of a mommy make over it is consider important for you that in your case the liposuction and fat transfer will help you much

Mommy makeover options

Thank you for the question and photos.  Yes, a BBL can be done along with a breast shaping surgery such as a breast augmentation and/or breast lift.  It is important to understand that the loose skin of the abdomen will not be addressed by liposuction alone and a tummy tuck would be needed to tighten and reshape the abdomen itself.  With regards to your breast shaping procedure, either a breast augmentation or a breast lift or the combination of the two can be performed.  The decision will in part depend on what you would like to accomplish.  An implant will be needed to increase the size of your breast but a breast lift might be needed if the size of the implant is modest and or the final shape of the breast requires that a breast lift be done.  I would consider what you would like to accomplish and discuss this with your prospective plastic surgeon to get an idea of what would be needed to accomplish your goals.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD