Do I go back to my doctor that did a great job with my tear troughs or my new doctor cosmetic dermatologist? (Photo)

My 1st Doctor, who also performs eye surgeries, filled my tear troughs last June. I was very happy with the results! My tear troughs are coming back. I have also been going to another Dermatologist for botox and he did Voluma in January (which looks flawless and amazing). Do I go back to my doctor who originally did my tear through filler? From what I read, its a very hard area to treat. The only reason why I went to doctor #2 is because my #1 doctor does not use Voluma in his practice.

Doctor Answers 2

Treating Tear Trough

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You are fortunate to have found two physician you like, both of whom appear to be quite competent.  All treatments carry risks. Choosing a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon is a good place to start.  A skilled physician will let you know if they are comfortable treating a particular area.  Have you asked Doctor #2 if he/she treats the tear trough area?  They may even be able to show you before and after photos of patients they have treated.  Then you can decide where you will be most comfortable having this treatment.  Best of luck.

Florence Dermatologic Surgeon

Tear troughs

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. 

The most important thing is getting treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon who understands your aesthetic goals. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht. 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.