There is something asymmetric with my face. Minor details that I notice, what can be done to minimize the asymmetry? (photos)

Im not entirely sure what it is maybe my jawline, one side is definitely lower and more pronounced the other is higher and more slender. Also one of my cheeks is higher and more round. Which procedures preferably noninvasive would help to or correct the asymmetries seen? I do not have TMJ I am 28 and recently removed my braces. There is also quite a bit of fat or muscle in my chin, can Botox reduce its size? I am quite happy with my nose also, but I think it's crooked too. Thank you all.

Correction of facial asymmetry?

Thanks for the photos.  From your description, you have what I find to be the most common form of facial asymmetry where one side is narrower but taller, the other wider but shorter.  After seeing a patient similar to yourself in person, I would suggest injection of filler to "cover up" the asymmetry to the degree possible.  Some bony and soft tissue discrepancies can be masked, but others such as the distance from the corner of your mouth to the corner of your eye cannot so a test use of volume restoration will likely improve your appearance but not perfect it.Meet with a few board certified injectors and decide for yourself if you're interested in proceeding.Best wishes and regards,
Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca

Mild Facial Asymmetry - Non Surgical Correction with Voluma / Juvederm / Radiesse

Thanks for your question and your pictures. Firstly, no-one's face is perfectly symmetric and if you really look at the faces of beauty icons such as Angelina Jolie and the like, you will notice that its the mild asymmetry that makes their faces so interesting to the eye. If they were perfectly symmetrical, their faces wouldn't be nearly as captivating. So, you are in good company. That being said, from your pictures it looks like your left side has less volume than your right at the jaw and the right has less volume in the cheek. It should be no problem to add volume to both areas using injectable fillers like Voluma, Juvederm or Radiesse. Botox can reduce the chin a bit, but it may take some months to see results. Hope that helps!

Facial asymmetry

Good pickup.  However, all faces and body halves are different from each other.  Even though it is normal, you may not like it!  I think you will be happier if you consider some fillers for your cheeks and jawline.  Sometimes the temporary nature of fillers is a good thing.  You have an opportunity to see if you love the result and wish to continue, or just live as you are.  Good luck. 

David Marcus, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Facial Asymmetry-Is it fixable?

Yes! (mostly)-  Facial asymmetry is normal and as you get to know your own face, and faces in general, the amount of asymmetry may be surprising. After identifying the details of asymmetry with your provider, together you will come up with a plan using Botox and/or fillers, depending on the problems identified.  Since perfect symmetry is unattainable the chasing of symmetry runs the risk of doing too much and creating an over done look.  My rule of thumb is:: "Asymmetry that is only noted when you ask someone about it -be careful.  Asymmetry that is recognized without it being pointed out -treat."

Botox for facial asymmetry

Botox or Dysport can certainly be used to treat the "asymmetry" of your face.  The mild asymmetry may or may not be improved with the injections - this will depend on the skill of your injector, but even in the best hands perfect symmetry may be difficult to achieve. Consultation with an experienced injector would be best to determine the potential satisfaction from the treatment.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Facial asymmetry can be treated with Botox and fillers

Great question. First, it is important to know that almost every patient I see is somewhat asymmetric. This is normal. For example, on close examination, my right eyebrow is slightly higher than my left and since the difference is minimal I choose not to correct it. In your case, you have less volume in your right cheek then left, slightly shorter and smaller left upper lip, and less volume in your left prejowl sulcus. This could easily be treated with fillers. I prefer Voluma for the midface (prejowl), Belotero or Juvederm Ultra for the lips, and Juvederm UltraPlus or Voluma for the prejowl. Finally, on the first image, it appears that your masseters maybe slightly prominent which could be improved with Botox injection. I recommend you schedule an in-person consultation with an experienced injector.

Facial asymmetry

Everyone has minor facial asymmetries. The far majority of people have pretty significant facial asymmetries. Your asymmetries are overall rather mild. I'd recommend that you consider some filler to augment the side that is smaller or less full. Subtle changes can make a huge impact on your appearance. See someone with extensive experience.
Andrew Campbell, M.D.Facial Plastic SpecialistQuintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial Asymmetry

Facial symmetry is usually desired by patients for a pleasing look. My suggestion would be to find a practice who does facial imaging and come up with a plan of action with your doctor. We have Vectra here in the office, which provides patients with three-D imaging of their face, where we can manipulate the image and discuss various treatment options (surgery, filler, etc).

Phillip Chang, MD
Leesburg Plastic Surgeon

Using Voluma to create symmetry

Thank you for your question Happynlove88. Mild asymmetry is actually perfectly normal and has shown in studies to be more desirable to perfect symmetry. That being said, fillers such as Voluma can be used to enhance the cheeks and provide for more symmetry. Often times multiple treatments are required to achieve a desired result so patience is important. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

Fillers, implants and fat can all be used to sculpt the face. Cheek symmetry can be improved with fillers such as Radiesse, Voluma, and Perlane. Fat can also be used which is something I do frequently in my practice.  Botox can be used to soften the jawline and decrease the masseter. I suggest you see an expert in facial sculpting to determine what is best. Dr. Emer