Why isn't Absorica drying me out?

I am going on my Third month of Absorica. I originally started with a generic form for the first month because my doctor didn't believe that my insurance would cover Absorica. During the first month he started me on 40mg and half ways into the month I noticed no oil on my face, I was completely drying out.I have severe oily skin normally so i also tried it. I started Absorica for my next two month on 80mg. So I guess my question is, shouldn't I completely be dried out for this treatment to work?

Absorica

Thank you for your question. In my experience, patients don't have to experience dryness for the medication to prove effective. Absorica is still isotretinoin, which is similar to the generic products, but the difference is that Absorica has a fat molecule within the medication which allows maximum absorption of the medication without being taken with a fatty meal. I highly recommend you consult with your prescribing dermatologist regarding your questions and concerns. Take care and good luck.