7 out of 10 pain 1 week post op in left breast. Pulled muscle? (photos)

I had a BA last Thursday and everything is been going great. About two days ago I stretched my back, felt a pop and a sharp zing and then started getting pains and tightness in my left breast... but the pain is underneath the implant. It hurts if I cough, twist or move my breast around but the implant itself doesn't hurt if I touch or squeeze it. There is no extra bruising no significant size increase just a little bit of more swelling and a lot more tightness then the other. Just a lot of pain.

Pain after breast augment

It sounds like you may have pull something like the muscle especially is they were put under the muscle.  This will most certainly pass.  The issue of bleeding is not present which would be a problem. goo luck

You probably pulled your muscle that was already pulled with the implant. I would suggest calling your surgeon and see if you could have some  muscle relaxers. You might get some relief with cold compresses over the painful area. Be sure and let your surgeon check you.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Pains when breasts are not changing in appearance

suggests something else besides bleeding which is the only major concern at this time.  Ask your surgeon if its okay to take anti-inflammatories and if you appreciate changes in your breast appearances, you need to contact your surgeon.  As for the etiology, it sounds like a pulled muscle/nerve/etc but is all speculation.

Curtis Wong, MD

Pain postop

It is not unusual to have pain and discomfort at this stage. Sounds like you may have irritated a stitch or the muscle. I would normally recommend patients take anti-inflammatories and stay in a support bra but you should ask your PS for advice. The pics look fine at this stage postop but online advice does not replace the advice of your PS.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Pain after Augmentation

Thanks for all the pictures.  Everything look normal on appearance and nothing obviously damaged. Unclear why you continue to have pain.  Follow up with your surgeon if it doesn't resolve quickly.

Khashayar Mohebali, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Pain after surgery

If you have pulled a muscle it should gradually improve with time.  Rest the muscle and use ice for relief.  I would recommend a visit to your plastic surgeon for an evaluation, just to be sure there are no other concerns since it happened so close to surgery.

Camille Cash, MD

this is unusual. You need to consult with your surgeon to make sure that there is no other medical complication going on. Pulmonary embolism whilst rare after breast augmentation is not unknown and this needs to be excluded.

Patrick Briggs, FRCSI(Plast Surg)
Perth Plastic Surgeon