29, no kids, 34C, 5'2, 100lb, want fuller look, hoping for a full D , what cc and do I need a lift? (photos)

I went to two consults and received different answers.First surgeon said I should get a lift,medium,saline or silicone/under.Second said he wouldn't do a lift but high profile overfilled saline under. I wanted to do inframammary incision because I am worried that I might not be able to breast feed after but both recommended periareolar incision. I'm short and petite, what size should I go for 320cc or 380cc? I'd like them to look a little fake. Thank you!

29, no kids, 34C, 5'2, 100lb, want fuller look, hoping for a full D , what cc and do I need a lift?

Thank you for the question.I would recommend silicone implants because they have a more natural feel and tend to ripple less. The implants are typically placed under the muscle, to provide another layer of camouflage for the implant. If you desire and incision through your inframammary crease, then either surgeon should be happy to do that for you. The decision whether to do a lift depends on your nipple position relative to your crease and careful measurements in the office. From the photos, it's difficult to determine whether you would benefit from a lift. I actually think you are on the border. It's completely reasonable to proceed with a breast augmentation first, with the understanding that you may benefit from adding a lift in the future. Separating the two procedures gives you the opportunity to judge your results after you have just the augmentation. Many patients will be happy with the results after augmentation alone.I would consider a third consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon. This will allow you to hear another opinion. Regarding size, I encourage my patients to select the smallest size that gives them the look that they desire. A larger implant as more weight and will make your breasts sag more quickly. 

Breast augmentation plus or minus lift?

Definitive advice would require in person consultation but I think that your breasts are in a somewhat "borderline" position on your chest wall. Whether or not you should have a breast lift at the same time as breast augmentation surgery will mainly depend on your personal goals. If you wish the breasts to be higher on your chest wall ( "perkier"), then breast lifting will likely be necessary.  On the other hand, if you simply wish to achieve a larger version  of your current breasts, then breast augmentation surgery will likely suffice.  Do not expect the breast augmentation surgery to lift the breasts.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "full D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link/video, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

I believe there is no reason you cant do a inframammary incision , a high profile 350-380 either above or below the muscle would work well for you.

Fred Suess, MD

29, no kids, 34C, 5'2, 100lbs., want fuller look, hoping for a full D, what cc and do I need a lift?

From your photos and "wish" photo, I don't believe you will achieve the "perkiness" you desire without a breast lift.  With regard to implant size, it would require breast measurements and a physical exam to determine what implant would serve you best.  Ask your surgeon if you could try on the various size and shaped implants on in a bra.  This should help you decide which implant to chose.  By trying on the implants you will also be able to take into consideration their weight as well as their appearance.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon