I'm 137 lbs, 5'6" Have 2 children. Nursed both. Bra size 34 B/C Desired size 34DD. (photos)

Is it possible without a lift? I'm thinking 500-600 cc HP, can I achieve the look I want? Thank you!

Do I need a lift ?

You pose several very interesting questions. The answer to the first is you do not need a lift. Despite having children your breasts have retained an excellent shape without a great deal of sagging  even though you have lost volume. The answer to the second question is not answerable with your photos even though they are good photos. The size of implant that can be placed is related to the size of your chest which obviously differs if you are 5 feet tall or 6 feet tall.  An in person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon experienced in breast surgery would be helpful. However with patients that want to go especially large, as you do , sometimes the only  way  to select the correct shape is to use intraoperative sizers These are basically empty implants which are filled with salt water during the procedure.  As the implant is filled temporarily it goes through several stages looking adequate then good then too tight. The idea is to use the permanent implant which corresponds to the fill  volume that looks good but not excessive. 

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Tuberous Breasts

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, it appears that you do not need a lift.

The size of implant is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

You can achieve what you desire without a lift

as your chosen volume will expand you quite a bit and I'm confident you will have the results you hope for.  See an experienced board certified plastic surgeon for optimal outcomes because there is a lot you do learn through experience...

Curtis Wong, MD

Do I need a breast lift.

Thanks you for your question and sending your pictures. Based on your pictures your nipples appear to be clearly above your infra mammary folds. Because of this you will most likely not need a lift if the appropriate implant is chosen for you. Without knowing your exact breast dimensions ( i.e. your base diameter) , it's impossible to give you implant recommendations.  Please choose a board-certified plastic surgeon who has performed many breast augmentations. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Bra size 34 B/C Desired size 34DD.

Your photographs would strongly suggest that you are a wonderful candidate for augmentation without uplift surgery using cohesive silicone gel implants.  After pregnancies breast tissue and skin expand nicely and you have the potential to achieve a much larger size according to your goals.  Keep in mind that over time the weight of large breast implants will cause thinning of your breast tissue and stretching of your skin so judging based on photographs of patients one or two years after surgery can be misleading.  But if this is your desired goal, then I think you would be a good candidate and likely achieve the proportioning that you seek. Meet with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon to review photos of other patients and best wishes.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast augmentation without a lift?

Thank you for your question and photos. Even after nursing two children, your photos demonstrate that you've maintained a very good breast shape. The nipple-areolar position appears to be quite high above the breast fold, indicating that a breast lift is likely not necessary. This breast shape is usually very amenable to augmentation alone. Of course, an in-person consultation with your plastic surgeon is required to confirm this approach. Your surgeon can also discuss with you the volume/style/placement of the implants most appropriate to meet your goals.

Michael F. Bohley, MD

Best breast operation for me?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Although accurate advice would require in-person evaluation, I think that most likely you will do well with breast augmentation surgery only.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:  

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery,  after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast  augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

Uniquely good starting point

You actually have a pretty rare starting point which could have the potential for looking quite a bit like Kate Upton. That is because you have a lot of lower breast tissue with very high placed nipples. You would need to visit an excellent plastic surgeon and be sized for implants likely in the High Profile range. Good luck to you.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation with need for a lift.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast augmentation

From these photos, you should get a result you are very happy with by having a straight forward breast augmentation. You will need to be seen in person to determine if a lift is necessary. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure to express your goals and expectations to your chosen surgeon. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes Vistnes Plastic Surgery San Francisco Bay Area #realself #drdeanvistnes #breastlift #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon