Vaser lipo abdominal swelling after week one- Very worried, I will need this drained? Is this normal?!

and daily massage and ultra sound my abdominal area below the belly button has swelled extensively and I'm worried I may need it drained Do I need this drained or Is this normal?!!

Abdominal Swelling After Vaser Liposuction

Swelling is normal after liposuction, but if this is a change from prior, contact your surgeon immediately. There may be a seroma that needs to be drained. 

Sacramento Physician

Vaser Liposuction / Liposculpture / High Definition Procedures / Liposuction Revision

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

For hi def lipo we put in drains and get lymphatic massage, hyperbaric oxygen and shock wave therapy to ensure best outcomes.  Please see your physician if you are concerned. Best, Dr. emer.

SWELLING AFTER VASER

You've posted no pictures for us to evaluate making it impossible to provide you with a response. Given your description, it is highly likely that you have a seroma which may require drainage. It is very important to choose the proper surgeon for your surgical procedures to minimize recovery challenges.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

"Extensive" swelling in lower abdomen

Localized swelling one week after Lipo can be normal or could be a seroma (fluid collection). It is not possible to determine what it is without a physical exam. Please follow up with your surgeon as soon as possible. 

~Dr Bergeron

John Bergeron, MD
Houston Physician